AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into a basement build with a dual 8350 setup for 3D but I'm going to end up going over budget on the overall project. So now I have to scale back but I can't decide if I should purchase a single 8350 and add the second later, or purchase a used Z2000 (at a little less than half the price of the 8350) and wait to see what the next several months bring on the 1080p 3D front.

It is a basement project so it can be completely dark at times but it will double as a kids playroom so there may be a good deal of ambient light at other times. Projector would be placed with a 12-14' throw. I'd like the image to be in the 96-110" range I'll most likely be at max zoom if this matters between the two options.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

·
Registered
685 Posts
If I were you, I would get the Epson. It is brighter to handle some ambient lighting and you have a brand new bulb (and a VERY good warranty). From what I have read, it throws a good picture for the price and you are still open to getting a second one down the road.

The 3d market is what it is right now until next years models are announced in September at CEDIA.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Epson 8350!!

Unless its for 100 bucks the Sanyo and you are cheap..

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ok...tell your wife that apart from the better black levels of the Epson, and overall picture quality really......this new entry level model has inorganoc panels that prevent degradation of the panel over time. The Sanyo, on the other hand, is an older model of the panels, and overtime (especially with a used one) one of the panels (blue one usually) will start to give color shifts!!! Owners of older LCD projectors can tell you more about it!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WAY too technical for her. If I start talking anything technical, her eyes glaze over and I can almost see her attention leave her body.

Not that she wouldn't understand, she just chooses not to. She has agreed to the Epson purchase though as long as I finish the basement and keep the whole project below 5K.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts