AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody here tried the new tape manager on this page? It was posted on the 12th of December. Looks like it will grab a whole recording and make one .trp file out of it, while leaving the original files. The HiPix transport stream files are .ts and I'm not sure if this is just the same format. I've been using the HDTVtoMPEG utility, but maybe this one will work better for going to transport streams. I may give it a try later.

--Darin

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is from the readme file:

The accessDTV Tape Manager allows the user to transfer any recordings created on the

accessDTV Digital Media Receiver product to a single transport stream file (.trp). This

application will unencrypt the recordings and create a new single file for any encrypted/unencrypted

recording, for any all version of the software and drivers. It will create a new file, not erase any of the originals.

In addition, a COM object has been created to interface with the accessDTV Tape Library. If

any software developers are interested in working with this interface, please let us know

by emailing us at [email protected] .

Now if we could just import these files into Premiere and edit them.... sigh.

Darin... let us know if you have any luck with HDTVtoMPEG... BTW, is that the utility that turns it into a HD stream that can be played by the new Windows Player 9? If people havent seen that 1080i clip of that Bikini special... go get it here on the forum somewhere (try searching for 1080i clip).

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by PKamp
Darin... let us know if you have any luck with HDTVtoMPEG
I actually have had some luck with the HDTVtoMPEG utility that I got from the yahoo AccessDTV group. For some reason I have had to go figure out the creation dates of all the AccessDTV files and then rename them to be in alphabetical order, but I have converted them to transport streams and mpeg2 files, after editing the commercials out. Once they are transport streams I have used DVHSTool to transfer them to tapes. I'm also able to play them with WINDVD4, but I don't see any real advantage of playing them there over using the AccessDTV card. I record stuff with my 169time solution, transfer it to my PC as transport stream files and play it with WINDVD4, though.

I haven't tried the AccessDTV tool, but if it doesn't let me remove the commercials (sounds like it doesn't), then I will stick with the other utility.

--Darin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.