AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi guys, I have Energy 5.1 surround speakers, they are a budget surround sound system, I'm thinking of adding two front LR speakers to amplify my experience.

I'm looking at the Polk 65Ts and my budget is around $350. Is this the best buy for my buck.

Here is a list of my HT system.

Energy 5.1

Sony 5.2 Receiver

I want to add

Polk 65Ts

I will be keeping the center, and back satellites from the Energys, and the SUB as well.

What do you think?

Thanks, 

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
The Polks should be a nice upgrade over the Energy Takes.

However, your front soundstage will sound best if your front three speakers timbre match, which typically means three of the same speaker or the manufacturer designed center. In this case, the Energy Take center will probably be such a poor timbre match, as well as outclassed, that you might have better luck running without a center until you can replace the Energy one with a Polk.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145  /t/1526645/new-addition-to-my-ht-system#post_24590413

The Polks should be a nice upgrade over the Energy Takes.

However, your front soundstage will sound best if your front three speakers timbre match, which typically means three of the same speaker or the manufacturer designed center. In this case, the Energy Take center will probably be such a poor timbre match, as well as outclassed, that you might have better luck running without a center until you can replace the Energy one with a Polk.

+1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts