1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
379 Posts
Most power supply's are adjustable if you're brave enough to stick screwdriver in the pot and give it a tweak. :)

·
Registered
288 Posts
ElectricLegs is right, many power supplies do have pots inside that can be used to adjust the output. Also, I believe PC power and Cooling will add this feature to power supplies you purchase from them at a slight additional charge, but the real question is why would you want or need such a feature. Your best bet is just to buy a high quality power supply that provides good line regulation and can handle the load your going to be putting on it to begin with and not worry about adjusting any voltages. The only reason I see youd even want such a feature is if you were not going to use the power supply to power a PC and were planning on instead using it to power some other devices that didn't operate at standard PC voltages. For example if you wanted a power supply to power a peltier (Thermoelectric cooler) which needed 15v, then you might raise the voltage on the +12v to +15v and use that rail to power it. If your using the power supply as a regular PC power supply, you don't want to be messing with the voltage adjustments as they should be set properly from the factory and raising or lowering them would only do harm to your system.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this may be true, but you don't get the 5 1/4 drive bay display

·
Registered
529 Posts
Perhaps we don't want it - I'd rather have a PSU that was correctly set at the factory.

And in all of Soyo's verbiage, anyone see some actual specifications for the rails?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.