AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I got my ae700u in yesterday, and I received my screen today. Everything that I play has a purple tint to it. I have searched the ae700 tweak thread, but I can not figure out what to do to stop it. Does anyone know what is going on?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Have you tried some basic trouble shooting? Try different sources-another dvd player or a pc and make sure your cables are connected tightly, try a different cable.

-J

·
Registered
446 Posts
If you happen to have used component cables, you may have mixed up a couple of them. I disconnected my pj a few months ago and when I reconnected the cables I did just that. The color I got on the screen was reddish, with a distorted picture. I got the flashlight out and double checked the cables. Sure enough, I had them crisscrossed. Hope your solution is as easy as this.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is fixed. I forgot to change the dvd player to component. It was on s-video. Everything is working perfectly now, and the picture looks beautiful!!!

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
224 Posts
Yes, double check you cables. Something similar happened to me. And it turned out that is was a loose connection between my VGA cable and my DVI to VGA Adapter.

·
Registered
491 Posts
glad u sorted that out... enjoy your new projector... great machine!!!

krlock2

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.