·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
443 Posts
thats good news.

i have to wait before i can build another htpc anyway, and id love to be able to save money (and fitting it all in a small case) by going with a e450 build that is soley focused on playing back media (3d, 1080p HD, etc, etc). The e350 is missing that little bit of performance that would have made it perfect, so i hope the e450 platform is enough to put it over the top.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper11 /forum/post/20853702

thats good news.

i have to wait before i can build another htpc anyway, and id love to be able to save money (and fitting it all in a small case) by going with a e450 build that is soley focused on playing back media (3d, 1080p HD, etc, etc). The e350 is missing that little bit of performance that would have made it perfect, so i hope the e450 platform is enough to put it over the top.

The cpu portion is bumping from 1.6 to 1.65 Ghz, I don't think this is going to be that much different. The graphics core gets bumped up more but I think it wasn't the wink link. Maybe the bump in memory bandwidth will help to but I really think the two cpu's need to be bumped up to 2.0ghz. Take the same basic setup move it to 32nm, bump it to 2.0ghz, and add dual channel ddr3 support and you would have something. Best just to wait for Llano A4 in my opinion, which also gives you choice in heatsink/fan setup.

·
Registered
764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffkro /forum/post/20854361

The cpu portion is bumping from 1.6 to 1.65 Ghz, I don't think this is going to be that much different. The graphics core gets bumped up more but I think it wasn't the wink link. Maybe the bump in memory bandwidth will help to but I really think the two cpu's need to be bumped up to 2.0ghz. Take the same basic setup move it to 32nm, bump it to 2.0ghz, and add dual channel ddr3 support and you would have something. Best just to wait for Llano A4 in my opinion, which also gives you choice in heatsink/fan setup.

jeffkro is accurate for everything except the few programs that allow for hardware acceleration. With those, even the E350 is fine.

BT

·
Premium Member
16,132 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.