AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a beautiful Winegard antenna installed this afternoon. So far the reception here in detroit is great!

Although should I be worried about channel 14, UPN? It has a decent reception (about 75 -80 on the RCA DTC-100) but the audio is out of sync. Not a whole lot played in HD on this channel, but I was wondering if it's the station's fault, or mine.

Also, what is Digital 39? Toledo?

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
39 is WADL-DT, from Mt. Clemens.

Toledo currently has 49 WNWO-DT NBC, with WTOL-DT 17 CBS coming on-line real soon.

I also noticed 14 WKDB-DT has been having audio sync problems lately, it seems to be intermittent. I'll call tomorrow.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,620 Posts
I don't get a chance to see WNWO very much during the weekday, but at night & weekends they always seem to be on.

·
Registered
45,620 Posts
They upconvert everything to 1080i, so the letterbox stuff, like Enterprise will always be unable to be zoomed.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Any word on when the audio sync problem will be fixed? If WKBD didn't carry Everybody Loves Raymond I wouldn't care. Give me the phone number and I'll call.

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
45,620 Posts
I didn't call until late Friday, so they may not have had a chance to look into it yet.

·
Registered
45,620 Posts
Still bad as of 5/20 8:30pm.

The contact is Zen Losen in engineering, 248 350 5050. Zen has always been very helpful and pleasant to talk to.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I just checked, and it's in sync now. I wonder why it took so long to spot and fix? They've got to have people monitoring picture and sound quality on a regular basis. Maybe they had to replace a bad part that was hard to get?

Chuck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Dave (or anyone else in SE Michigan),

Where did you get your Winegard antenna from? Also, did you install it or did someone else? I'm interested in either the PR-4400 or the PR-8800 but would rather not be climbing on my steeply pitched roof 30' off the ground!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
332 Posts
The sound has been ahead of the picture again on UPN-14 for the last couple of days. I called Zen Losen (number provided by Ken H) this morning and left a message on his answering machine.

Chuck Davis

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.