AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm fairly inexperienced hooking up a/v components. I have a Panasonic HT740 HTIB and an Optoma projector. I want to get my cable into the mix. I'm going to go to HD cable, but at present I am on Cox Digital Cable using a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 converter.

My first question has to do with getting the sound from the converter to the HTIB. I've got dual RCA plugs connecting the cable converter audio out (red/white) to the Pansonic auxiliary audio in. The operating manual for the Panasonic indicates that to get sound from the cable, I need to run the RF signal through a TV and output the sound from the TV. Is this my problem? Unfortunately, the only TV I can get to the cable converter has no audio output.

·
Registered
58 Posts
"The operating manual for the Panasonic indicates that to get sound from the cable, I need to run the RF signal through a TV and output the sound from the TV."

If you didn't have a cable box and ran direct, then yes. In your case, run the red and white audio from your cable box to the receiver.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.