AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone play around with the new ATI 3.3 drivers? The OEM version has been around for awhile, but the official version should be released on the ATI site soon. Here is the OEM one if you want it.
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

I was just curious if anyone had used these yet before I plug it in and see if its stable with powerstrip and my set up.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
There is also a reason why so far only a Dell and not an official ATI version has been released.

Quote from the RAGE3D website:

-----------------------------------

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Dell Drivers Released! - 5:03 pm EST - G.I.Bro

Looks like Dell has released some new unofficial drivers. Meaning that these are NOT the Catalyst Version 3.3! Also, this driver is only for the 9xxx series cards, and along with XP.

You can pick up these driver from here and here!

I know some of you are getting some what inpatient about the next release, so I was able to get a quick little update on whats goin down from ATi.

"We have encountered some minor difficulties in obtaining WHQL certification for drivers based on the 7.86 build version. At this time it seems that a fully unified CATALYST release may be postponed for a few weeks"

I know some of you are not going to like this, but please jump over to our forums to discuss the issue.

------------------------------------------------

I find it interesting that SOME MINOR difficulties cause a potential delay of a FEW WEEKS....

Just a heads up!

________

Axel

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Axel

I find it interesting that SOME MINOR difficulties cause a potential delay of a FEW WEEKS....
Axel,

Yes - MINOR difficulties in computer software usually causes a potential delay of a few MONTHS!:)

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
From the Rage3D website:

"Friday, May 02, 2003 CATALYST 3.3 has been cancelled"

Sorry, but I could not resist :D

I might appear a bit sarcastic or unthankful, however I need to point out that I have been very pleased with the work CAT has shown so far. They came as such a relief after those lousy ATI drivers (6025beta and such …).

Here is a bit more about the upcoming Cat drivers from Rage3D:

“The Releasing of Catalyst Drivers 3.3 to be cancelled! - 3:21 pm EST - G.I.Bro

Sorry for getting this info out to you a little late, I've been suffering from major ISP problems today. But anyways... Yes this is correct. Today ATi has officially canned the release of the Catalyst 3.3 Driver set!! Don’t be too worried though... The 3.4's Cats are soon to be here.

CATALYST 3.3 has been cancelled and will not be posted. We will jump over to CATALYST 3.4 this time and the time frame we are looking at right now is May 12th-15th (now do NOT hold me to that) Its not a promise just that is what the schedules are looking like at the current time. These drivers are currently in the hands of our beta testers and going through the final run through. If all goes well you guys will get them in the time frame I mentioned above and you will be very happy with them. They will have performance boosts across the boards, some bug fixes, some new features, and of course the best image quality in the business!"

______

Axel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.