Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Outstanding!

It's about time! I'm so glad that it's out....but it appears to late for me. :(

I sold my second one as I thought the day would never come. Guess I'll have to get another one.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I ordered another A180 card. Is the following procedure correct?:

a) Un-install original A180 driver.

b) Power down computer.

c) Install second A180 card.

d) Power up computer.

e) Wait for Add Hardware Wizard and install new dual A180 driver.

Actually, I currently have ATI HDTV Wonder along with A180. I am going to replace ATI HDTV card with second A180 card. I will have to un-install ATI HDTV driver and remove the ATI HDTV card and then follow the above procedure.

It's strange that Avermedia offers two set of drivers, one for single A180 card and other for dual A180 cards. I wonder if dual A180 driver will work for single A180 card? Sounds like a poor driver design not to be able handle different number of A180 cards.

Peter

·
Registered
363 Posts
This is great news. I've had a second AverTVHD sitting on a shelf, waiting for this.

I'll try it out the two tuners out this weekend by removing the ATI HDTV Wonder that I'm presently using in partnership with my first AverTVHD.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Great deal on the AverTVHD on Amazon.

·
Registered
363 Posts
After almost two months of putting it off, I installed the second AverTVHD in my WMCE box.

It installed and worked like a charm.

You must use the new drivers for both AverTVHDs. In other words, you can not use the old drivers for one card while using the new drivers for the other.

I took out the ATI HDTV Wonder. The HDTV Wonder worked just fine, if you wanted to know. It never gave me any problems.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.