AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
B&C Speakers quietly introduced new bass driver B&C Speakers 18SWX100 with extended excursion capabilities, longer copper coil and 2000W of AES power.

When simulated, it seems the excursion is only interesting thing amongst model range.
Does anyone have things to say about this driver? How about suspension linearity? Xvar is again lower than Xmax. How about comparison with 18IPAL?
This one would be really really sweet with just more Bl.
Still praying for 18DS152 or 21DS152. :)

Registered
Just taking a quick glance at the specs this woofer is aimed at bass reflex cabinets. Suspension is a bit on the loose side of the equation compared to other B&C subs. It would not be my first pick for a high order enclosure. Edit, taking into account the suspension, tuning under the Fs frequency into the 20Hz range will definitely cause higher excursion. Not the most ideal for low tuning.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I agree that it is not the stiffest model, but it also is not very loose. Cms of about 80um/N in the simulation. Not loose enough unfortunately. And progression seems steep at B&C, with low Xvar.
Well, at these frequencies, "excursion = SPL", so that should not matter at all, once you drive the speaker properly.

Registered
This one would be really really sweet with just more Bl.
It looked to me like they were shooting for a higher Q driver in their line, since most of their models are in the 20's and 30's(Qts). Higher Bl would have brought Qes and thus Qts down.

The advantage would be a lower F3 and Fb in relation to Fs in the maximally flat alignment neighborhood.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, possibly there is demand for such product, or some very large customer wanted this and the design is free for production. This is interesting alternative to some "oldschool approach, naturally flat" speakers. Price will tell us more about how this one will be likable.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed. Seems they are hopefully going to re-release it with new set of data. Something possibly wasn't right the first time. Hopefully soon. I was going through parameters and it seems to be little similar to BMS18N862, just about 3mm shorter excursion capabilities. Good, but still nothing for extremists. 馃榿

Vendor
There were a couple of errors in the specs. I'm guessing it will be back up before too long.

Tom V.
Team Power.

Reactions: neo_2009
1 - 8 of 8 Posts