AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More or less I am new to the site and wanted to share my setup. I finally put the cherry on top last week with the addition of my new SVS SB-2000 - replacing an old Velodyne VRP12. That has made such a difference. I probably should have went with the PB but have hopes of adding a second down the road and preferred the smaller footprint and I dont listen loud too often. You can't see but the room was roughed in for 4 ceiling speakers. I have filled the two rear spaces with a couple Def Tech DI8s for my SL and SR for now. Next additions will be potentially be two mor DI8s for front heights and wall mounting two DT bipolars for my rear sourounds and re-assiging the rear ceiling speakers for my SBL and SBR channels. Overall I am super happy and thankful that the wall the speakers and TV is mounted on is open to the mechanical space in the basement and provided access both to the wall and to the rafters.

I also decided to take down my Niles IR system and move all my gear into the room. Prior it was all hidden behind the wall. I built an Ikea hacked stand out of the Lack tables which turned out pretty well.

If anyone has any opinions - i was wondering if anyone thought the 5 def techs i currently run off the pioneer would see any noticable improvements if I added an Emotiva XPA5 to power them instead. I hope you enjoy the picks and look forward to any feedback.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Just to state the obvious but that huge empty wall with that nice overhang that can be darken just screams for a projector screen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts