AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I've been lurking for a loooong time now and really appreciate the time and effort some of you make to educate the masses.

I own a computer reseller business and sometimes my customers suffer from analysis paralysis when deciding what to buy. I can completely empathize with them since I have the same problem with audio/video equipment. Right now I can't decide what to do about a projector.

Anyway... We provide Acer branded and AOpen white box computers and products so I get a lot of info from them. They just announced some new products including a model HT480W. Acer has not been a big player in the projector business but it looks like they're going to try. I'm sure like their OEM computer business where they make computers for just about everybody they have been making projectors with other company's nameplates on them. I've attached a pdf file with specs on the HT480W. I have a pretty good contact so if anyone has questions let me know and I'll ask.

Peter

·
Registered
18 Posts
Check it out, it won CEDIA best new product award a few weeks ago,
look.

It has the lastest Silicon Image processor and is apparently an excellent PJ. RRP in Australia is AU$9999, which should put it in the LS110(Screenplay) range.

I am looking around for a new PJ and this will be on the list to check out when it becomes available sometime next week. They are also building a 1280X768 DLP version.

The 480W is apparently rebadged as this model , interesting......Later

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Does it accept 576p? It is not listed on the specs.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.