AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My current set up is a PS3 system to a Samsung Syncmaster T260HD. Now I am looking to upgrade to something bigger and maybe 3D since the PS3 can do 3D Blu Ray and 3D videogames. I have narrowed it down to two options.

Samsung PN51D490A1 51" Plasma 720p 3D

Samsung LN46C630 46" LCD 1080p (No 3D)

The LCD received much praise as one of the best TVs for last year, so it seems like this would be an amazing looking screen. However if I go this route I would be loosing 5" of display and 3D capability. They are both the same price, so that doesn't come into play. I will mostly be using the TV to play videogames and the occasional Blu Ray. Because I will mostly play videogames I do not know how much the 720P to 1080P will make much difference since ps3 games run at 720P. I do not care about Burn-in I am not all that worried about it as I take good care of all my electronics and do not play for more than 2 hours at a time. I have read many reviews on the LCD, but have not found any professional reviews on the Plasma. I also cannot compare in store as all my local stores do not carry either model anymore. any info would help, Thanks so much!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can actually only buy a $600-$800 TV. So that is the reason why it would either be a 1080P No 3D and smaller, or a larger 3D 720P.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts