AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like CES has brought us new players from Pioneer, Panasonic, LG, and Samsung. Anybode else able to fill in the blanks on some of the prices and release dates?

Make Model MSRP Availability Notable Uograde

Pioneer BDP-120 $300

Pioneer BDP-320 $400

Pioneer BDP-23FD $600

LG BD370 Q2 09

LG BD390 Q3 09 Wireless

Samsung BD-P4600 Wireless

Samsung BD-P3600 Wireless

Panasonic DMP BD60

Panasonic DMP BD80

Panasonic DMP BD70V

Sharp BD-HP16U $279 March

Sharp BD-HP22U $299 May

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
And which incorporate the HQV chip(s)? I'm glad they've finally added a WiFi option.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton /forum/post/15494746

And which incorporate the HQV chip(s)? I'm glad they've finally added a WiFi option.

I would hope the samsung 3600 would as a replacement to the 2500/2550 which i own and love. wifi is huge though. this after i spent a long weekend dropping ethernet lines down my walls!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
WiFi was/is probably my last barrier to buying a Blu-Ray player (assuming the HQV chip is present). With internet connectivity almost essential now (at least for Profile 2.0 operation), I wasn't about to buy ANOTHER piece of equipment (WiFi Bridge) to get it. After all, even the tiny Wii has WiFi built-in.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Vizio VBR100 $199 April,profile 2.0 and decodes all HD audio.

Memorex MVBD-2520 $199 summer,profile 2.0 but only decodes TrueHD.

Panasonic DMP-B15 $800 May,portable 2.0 player with 8.9" screen.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviegeek /forum/post/15496673

Vizio VBR100 $199 April,profile 2.0 and decodes all HD audio.

Memorex MVBD-2520 $199 summer,profile 2.0 but only decodes TrueHD.

Panasonic DMP-B15 ? May,portable 2.0 player with 8.9" screen.

ayn idea whose transport vizio is using? I have been nothing but impressed with their inexpensive, but reasonable quality and reliability lcds.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Guess the vizio will have 7.1 analogue out? That could be huge for a lot of 'vintage' receivers considering specs say it will decode hd audio codecs

·
Registered
1,694 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 /forum/post/15496841

ayn idea whose transport vizio is using? I have been nothing but impressed with their inexpensive, but reasonable quality and reliability lcds.

There's no mention of it but my guess is Funai.

·
Registered
27,423 Posts
Does Denon have new offerings?? (beside the already announced mege $$ player)??

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rveras /forum/post/15496953

No Sony players? That is strange.

Is a bit, especially considering the age of the 350 relative to the panny, lg and samsung.

I think the market for blu rays has begun to mature to the point where price points can be settled for certain performance standards. I would imagine by April we will see players that can: 1 decode all hd audio codecs, 2 profile 2.0/bd live, and have decent onboard memory for regularly in the $250 range. higher end manufacturers like denon and pioneer will of course be more, but he mid range players (ie panasonic, sony, and samsung) will be forced to hold a $250 target with price pressure from folks like vizio.

my dear onkyo of course will still be selling their out-dated bd606 for $450!

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 /forum/post/15496878

Guess the vizio will have 7.1 analogue out? That could be huge for a lot of 'vintage' receivers considering specs say it will decode hd audio codecs

We can't assume it will decode lossless via analog though. It may be limited to HDMI only.

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Eldridge /forum/post/15497127

We can't assume it will decode lossless via analog though. It may be limited to HDMI only.

good pt, but i thought read in the press release some discussion of their DACs...

·
Registered
15,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian-HD /forum/post/15497157

Or does denon want more money?

I was looking to see if Denon was going to announce a "3810" that would be a step below the mega tank but still be pretty high end and maybe around that $2000-$2200 MSRP mark.

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
I'm beginning to get worried that Samsung has DROPPED the HQV/Reon chip, because it is definitely NOT mentioned in their press release where it was mentioned prominently for previous players. I viewed this as a real advantage for Samsung, especially considering the only other player (Denon) that had it cost over $1k MORE.

·
Registered
14,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton /forum/post/15498308

I'm beginning to get worried that Samsung has DROPPED the HQV/Reon chip, because it is definitely NOT mentioned in their press release where it was mentioned prominently for previous players. I viewed this as a real advantage for Samsung, especially considering the only other player (Denon) that had it cost over $1k MORE.

The upcoming Oppo player will have the comparable ABT chipset and be priced well under 1K.

·
Registered
490 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanton /forum/post/15498308

The Denon has the Realta which is a much more expensive offering than a Reon.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts