AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is some discussion in the Digital Projection board of a new Bravo D2 unit planned for release in Oct. / Nov.

No word yet on the new features, although price is supposed to be about the same.

Has anybody here heard anything?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,215 Posts
I've spoken with Jim Noyd and there is nothing formal announced about features and/or price as of yet.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Now this is interesting news.

Maybe I should keep my cheap DVD JVC that has an OK better than average picture till the new D2 come out?

Dream:

I wonder if they will include a DVI pass through (like in the old VCR Days) so when you turn the DVD off the DVO from your HDTV box will pass though.

This way one would not need a DVI switch

If they can keep the D2 at $199, it would be a hot item for Xmas this year.

Just wish they would have it at the major stores so I could take a look at it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Along the it needs to work train of thought: It needs to not respond to Pioneer infrared codes. (Every time I adjusted the volume in my HT, the D1 would open/close the tray).

-Cliff

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
ScottChez: I wonder if they will include a DVI pass through...
gkfisher, ugabuga: I just hope this player works.

I enthusiastically second both ideas, and also I wonder [1] if it'll have a more stable Zoom mode (that doesn't self-cancel whe you use a transport button), and [2] whether previously unimplemented features like slow reverse (?) will now be implemented.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd gladly forgo the savings from the AVS Forum special deal (about $25?) in exchange for a more complete (and more workable) version of the Bravo player.

Afterthought: It would be really nice if the picture from the component outputs would be almost as good as the DVI picture, so we could use the Bravo to ISF (or otherwise calibrate) our TVs' component inputs.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd rather they drop the analog and offer a $30 to $40 upgrade to D1 owners for a D2 to make amends----if we should actually hold the D1, that is.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It sucks that some peoples players have worked so crappy :( HDCP or not it makes me wonder if mine (which has worked great so far) is gonna crap out soon too.

With that in mind I probably would pay $30-$40 to upgrade to a newer version. Doubt they are gonna let us do that though.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I think the real question is, if Vinc were to bring out a D2 tomorrow, would anyone trust them enough to buy it? With the big brand names such as Denon, Pioneer, Panasonic etc., etc about to launch their own DVI equipped players, who in their right mind would purchase a player from a company with a lousy track record?

Seriously, I thought I was buying a DVD player not a project! I now have in my possession the second replacement unit (that's three times I have had to pull out/apart my equipment rack in my theater to install the beast...and that isn't a walk in the park) and low and behold it still has problems. Different problems than the first two, but problems nevertheless. I just wish I hadn't sold my RP82.:mad:

Jerry Rappaport

·
Registered
916 Posts
Quote:

With the big brand names such as Denon, Pioneer, Panasonic etc., etc about to launch their own DVI equipped players
Really? With the exception of Denon, I believe it is, who just wants way too much for their high-end player, I haven't seen any timetable or price point for any other manufacturer's DVI players.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
Really? With the exception of Denon, I believe it is, who just wants way too much for their high-end player, I haven't seen any timetable or price point for any other manufacturer's DVI players.
You will soon...very soon

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by ender21
Pioneer is about to release an HDMI player that I hope will be amazing. Universal DVD-A, SACD, 720p, 1080i Trex scaller, etc. It has just about everything you could want, but it's more expensive $1600 MSRP.

Oh, and from what Pioneer tells me the HDMI will ship ENABLED!

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
Quote:
The LG LST-3510A DVI DVD player, which also integrates an OTA + 256QAM cable HDTV receiver, is slated for a October 6 release with a MSRP of $599.

Note: It's still not clear whether the final version of this player will support HDCP output for copy-protected DVDs.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"The LG LST-3510A DVI DVD player, which also integrates an OTA + 256QAM cable HDTV receiver, is slated for a October 6 release with a MSRP of $599."

Wow, not to get off topic but I wonder how well the DVD player performs in this unit (ie, CUE, etc.). Maybe it's time for a new thread :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bfdtv
The LG LST-3510A DVI DVD player, which also integrates an OTA + 256QAM cable HDTV receiver, is slated for a October 6 release with a MSRP of $599.

Note: It's still not clear whether the final version of this player will support HDCP for copy-protected DVDs.
I wouldn't get your hopes up for this player. Check out the HDTV Hardware forum, there is a report it will not output thru DVI for copy protected DVDs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.