Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

this is my first time submitting to AVS, not sure how this works so here goes...

Has anyone compared the newer Bryston 6B or 14B to their older 9B, 7B, etc. amps?

I'm considering upgrading my 9B which powers my Aerial Acoustics LR5s. The amp/speaker combo so far is very good, but at high volume, it seems a bit hard; but maybe that's my ears and not the equipment.

I've heard that the newer 6B and 14B are a bit smoother than their older amps and was wondering if anyone has done any comparisons.

I'm also thinking of Classe from another AVSer.

I really like Bryston. The 9B does sound real good, has a 20 year warranty, and their service dept. is awesome (I had a problem with my interconnect cables which I thought was the amp. Bryston helped me a ton with this problem).

Anyway, any feedback would be great.

/Bill

·
Registered
434 Posts
I have had my Bryston 6B amp for about two weeks now. It is powering my Aerial LR5s and an Aerial CC5. I was skeptical about how much difference using the amp would make compared to the Marantz AV receiver that was I using to drive the speakers.

I had been told that the Aerials really needed a great amp to power them to reveal their best sound and WOW! I was surprised by how different and how much better these speakers sound with this amp. I totally recommend this amp for use with these speakers. If you go with the 6B you won't be disappointed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.