AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm trying to build an htpc for the living room. Having a hell of a time. Heres my setup

gigabyte ga-ma785gmt-ud2h

phenom 555 black

patriot pd32g1333elk ddr3 1333

cooler master case

tried various sata hdd's

So I have replaced the cpu (was a 250) and swapped out the mobo. With the same one. Have tried 2 sets of this ram, thats the only 2gb of ddr3 my local store sells.

Also the psu is a cooler master 460w. I just bought it and had it in another pc with a quad core so I know it works.

Anyways for the life of me I can not get any video output what so ever. From any port. I also have a His 5670 that is going in it. No video from that either. I feel like its got to be something dumb I am missing but I am really frustrated and disappointed that this is going so poorly.

Please help, I have also tried just 1 stick of ram in every different slot.

Btw the mobo have 2, 4 pin headers for the cpu. Do I need to plug in both of them? I have tried every combo but just wondering how that should be.

EDIT, sorry when I hit the power, the cpu and case fan turn on fine just like normal, just no video, I dont have a speaker so no beep codes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does the monitor work at all... when you first hit the power, do you see anything... asking since sometimes people mean can't see anything as windows not showing up...

I would check the monitor..

·
Registered
2 Posts
i had that same problem when i was building my htpc. I eventually found that the ram was slightly out of it's slot due to the heat sink bending the mobo. put everything in the case and push the ram into it's slot firmly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts