AVS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by penngray /forum/post/20149408

Lennon, have you considered floorstand designs the width of your MT box and the depth of 18inch and mount the TD15M on the side???

I considered doing that before going with the 2 box appoarch.

Hmm, hadn't considered it. Thoughts on this? I don't want to go too much taller (maybe 6" at the moste) as then I move out of the sweet spot for the ribbons.

I've got to do something though, since I got home from work today I've fixed 3 dust caps that got poked... How could I have fixed 3 when I've only got 2 you ask? I came home to find one poked, fixed it and went in the other room. Came back 5 mins later to find them both poked
The 2 year old got in big trouble for that... She also almost pushed one of the top enclosures onto the floor. I don't think she'll be doing that again (I sure hope not anyway!). I guess there were a couple nice things about having 100lb speakers
For an initial something I'm going to look into the "sock" idea as it looks pretty simple and it will keep their eyes off the dust cap. Those things just scream "poke me" lol.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbdudex
lennon_68;

Do you have a build thread on those wood diffusors I see on the shelf?

Are you using them currently?
There's some information about them on the first page of the thread below but nothing very indepth. We used a web page to calculate the lengths of each piece and it gave us the layout to use:
http://web.archive.org/web/200704292...alculator.html

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1312919

The avs thread has more/better information though. They were mostly a test project for my buddy's HT that he's building. I did hang them in my living room and noted that things sounded "different". I'm not sure if it was better/worse but different. I tried to measure a difference but didn't see much other than a slight FR change around 3k (if memory serves). The wife said "no way" to leaving them up though and I didn't argue too hard, they were within reach for our 4 kids and wouldn't have lasted very long lol
That reminds me I have to send those home with him the next time he's up.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts