AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently, I am in the process of building a new home and all the options are confusing. The more I read the more confused I get. Any guidance will be appreciated to help guide me in the right direction. As far as prewire, I know about Coocoon recommendations and plan on following without going overboard. I want all my house prewired to a basement utility room.

What am I trying to accomplish

1. Two locations - 7.2 (maybe 5.2) home theater for great room on main floor and theater in the basement.

2. Audio in home ~ 4 locations - Playroom, Outside, want to control great room/basment theater for music as well.

What equipment I have.

1. Onkyo 875

2. Speakers 1 x LSiM706c, 1 x LSiM702F/X, 2 x LSiM707

·
Registered
252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer Nevile  /t/1521970/new-build-swimming-in-a-v-options#post_24465971

Cost within reason is not an issue. More like good bang for the buck reach nice levels but don't go cray.
You will probably need to be more specific here. What does "within reason" mean to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sameer Nevile  /t/1521970/new-build-swimming-in-a-v-options#post_24465971

I know I need a Av rack. Thinking Sanus or mid atlantic.
Check out SnapAV too, it's a decent budget option. Middle Atlantic to the go-to provider for pros.
Quote:

I start getting confused with amps, preamps, martrix HDMI switches, etc. I would don't want to under or overpowered. Can somebody give me a starting point?
For house audio, most systems only offer ~40-50 watts (besides very high-end Crestron, etc), so don't worry about power too much unless you want all your rooms to sound like a club. If you're going to DIY, the monoprice option may be attractive. http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=109&cp_id=10918&cs_id=1091801&p_id=10761&seq=1&format=2 That's about as cheap as you can get a system like that. And it doesn't do video.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts