AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved and when I set up my 50" Pioneer Plasma in my new place, I noticed a buzzing.

If the tv is on, but is just displaying a blank screen, it will be completely silent (how I remember it from my old place). However, if it displays anything at all, including the alert for auto power off after 5 min and even a mouse cursor from my computer, it starts up with this horrendous buzzing again. I keep trying to tell myself that maybe it has been there the whole time, but I don't think there's any way I wouldn't have heard this humming for 3 years.

Could it be the power lines in my new apt? Did something go wrong in the move? How can I figure this out?

Ben

·
Premium Member
845 Posts
Hello Cypres0099,

I encountered the same thing as what happened to you. Had my pro111 for about 3 years with no issues, moved to a new place, turned on the 111 and there was this loud buzzing. I freaked out and thought that I was stuck with a buzzer panel as described by other Kuro owners in the past. I thought how can this happen, what happpend in transit. Well thank goodness the buzzing went away after about 3 days and has never come back since. Can't explain it, however, maybe my kuro had to adjust to a different grade of electricity or maybe there was some dust accumalation.

Hope your buzzing goes away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts