AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else here a Cablevision customer in the New York area? Has your ReplayTV coped with the new channel changes that occurred today? Mine hasn't :confused: I've had to set manual recordings for anything I want to record today until this gets sorted.....

Joel

·
Registered
448 Posts
Have you gone into setup and seen if there is a lineup available that matches the new one you have? Often, when cable companies do this, they don't modify the existing lineup as that would affect customers who have not yet switched. Instead, they create a new one with the new channel lineup in it for those who have migrated. Unfortunately, Replay, Tivo, and the blessed mother have no way of knowing about this unless you tell them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - I've checked and there's no new lineup. What is strange is that Zap2It (who seem to supply SB with their channel guide info) do have the correct new lineup. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to call the SB SupportLine (oh goody)....

·
Registered
60 Posts
You have to fool your replaytv in setup by forcing it to change to the 'digital cable' lineup to get the new program guide lineup. This worked for me today. ...RBS

Sorry to say I now find it did not work as I thought. You can get the correct channel lineup reflected in the guide this way but the replaytv then assumes it is changing channels ONLY via the IR to a digital set top box.

Net - you can have the right guide but you cannot then change channels on the repltv itself. the 800 telephone support seems impossible to get through to. sonic blue is actually in violation of there contract to provide an accurate program guide - as if they didn't already have enough to keep their lawyers busy! ...rbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
Send a complaint to Replay TV support

[email protected]

I've created an e-mail which you can cut and paste to keep support on their toes to solve this problem.

Provider Name: Cablevision of Monmouth

Provider's Phone Number:

Provider Service: (i.e. basic service, digital cable, etc. Also, please specify whether or not this is a special lineup for an Apartment or Mobile Home complex.) : Family Package (basic cable)

City: Jackson

State: NJ

Zip Code: 08527

Channel discrepancy: (be as specific as possible)

Cablevision Channel Guide - 14 to 78

CN8 - 45 to 68

CNBC - 21 to 24

CNN - 8 to 25

CNN Headline News - 72 to 59

Comedy Central - 88 to 50

C-SPAN - 20 to 65

C-SPAN2 - 19 to 66

E! Entertainment TV - 86 to 51

Fox News Channel - 22 to 26

Fox Sports Net NY - 3 to 88

Game Show Network - 70 to 67

Home Shopping Network - 62 to 76

Lifetime - 87 to 45

Metro Traffic and Weather - 17 to 61

MetroTV - 16 to 60

MTV2 - 63 to 55

QVC - 61 to 15

Speed Channel - 75 to 69

Travel Channel - 63 (new)

The Weather Channel - 73 to 62

WHYY (12) - 24 to 21

WNJT (52) - 55 to 8

WNYE (25) - 25 to 22

WPHL (17) - 50 to 19

WPXN (31) - 31 to 3

WTXF (29) - 51 to 20

WYBE (35) - 56 to 14

It's been a week since the changes were made and my Channel Guide is still incorrect.

When will this be corrected?

Ted

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the same problem. The change that Cableversion made effects about

·
Registered
66 Posts
(I hit Submit before finishing post!!)

SB's Cable Ready lineup is wrong but the Digial Lineup is correct, so what I did is select the digial lineup even though I do not have a digail box. Then I just remove all the channels that I do not get.

Quentin

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same problem in the Norwalk, CT area. I don't have a cable box, but switching to the cable box lineup worked here. Have sent an email to support as well.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Your best bet is contact *both* Replay *AND* Tribune Media simultaneously. Tribune's public site is "zap2it.com" and they have a contact form specifically for lineup changes.

Replay gets it's data directly from Tribune.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In my area (Bronx, NY) after a call to SB (pre-India move) the channel guide was fixed within 24 hours. There's still a couple of small problems e.g. the new mun2 channel is on Ch. 100 but shows as Ch. 96 in the Cable Guide. I have sent an e-mail to SB about this but as I don't watch this particular channel I'm not that bothered :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.