AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally did it...I ordered my Carada Criterion series (96" diagonal) screen.

I just received an e-mail from Rachel at Carada saying they just shipped

my screen today! I'm very excited to see the screen. I will be sitting from 10' to 11', I hope this is not too close for the screen size I got. I am also waiting on my AE 700 that I have on pre- order. I'm not sure when that is coming, they said first week of Oct. now it's middle to end of Oct. :( will hopefully soon. I hope this is a good combo. My Home theater is ready for the projector. I will be posting impressions when I get them running...

of course it will be newbie impressions :)

I want to mention that I went with the AVS powerbuy for the Carada screen...thanks Jason:D

· Registered
139 Posts
I love my 118" diag Carada with the 8700+. (104" H) Great Picture. Oh, and eme1, I am 14' away from it and I love it. Projected the image before I bought the screen, then just kept moving it back.

· Registered
261 Posts
I just got my Carada BW screen up recently. I ordered it in June, and it came almost instantly, but my basement project moved very slowly. Anyway, the HT install guy had never installed a Carada before, and he was very impressed. He stated that it was easier to install than Stewarts or DaLites. The PQ from the JVC SX21 is awesome. Looking at this screen, I can't imagine going with a grey screen. I have ZERO complaints or regrets, other than not waiting. If I had only waited, I could have gotten the new series at the power buy price.

I watched Black Hawk Down last night, and the picture was outstanding. The sound from the 5 Magnepans was also stellar!

Thanks to David Giles for recommending the BW over the CC for my PJ. I think that was a good call.

Also a big thanks to William Phelps for his outstanding work on the optimization. The colors are spot on, and the over all picture is way better than I ever expected. I just don't see any problems with blacks or contrast.

Cheers, John

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't worry guys I'll be sure to post some feedback when I get my projector and screen. My screen should be here next Tuesday. I can

give you guys a feedback on build quality. I don't know when the

projector is coming though:(

· Registered
916 Posts
John, I also paired up a BW screen with a William Phelps calibrated HX1. I will be sitting 11.5 feet back from a 110" diagonal screen. I should have my screen in and mounted by tuesday this week.

can't wait.

· Registered
6,401 Posts
Kwok,

Let me know how your new BW works with the L300! I need to upgrade my (20 yr) old screen. I'm running a Draper Luma (manual pull-down, non-tensioned) with my L300 and I'm frustrated with the wavy surface.

You cn PM me if you wish.

Thanks,

· Registered
959 Posts
CT Wiebe :

Will definitely share my experience with you and everyone. I haven't received the shipment date from Carada yet. It will be delivered by DHL as Dave Giles told me. Stay tuned.

Kwok

· Registered
44 Posts
I received my 118" Criteria from Carada (power buy) late last week. I am very impressed by the quality of construction, much better than average for 'consumer products'. We went from box to finished mounting in about 3 hours. It wouldn't taken nearly that long had my wife and I not gotten into an extended "discussion" about placement...

Now if my AE700 would ship, I'd be trying it out. Patience? NOT! :)

Once it does get here and I get things dialed in, I'll post comments if I have anything to add to other postings.

--jim

· Registered
959 Posts
My 120 Precision has arrived this morning too. It is now lying at the basement, awaiting me to return from work. It was shipped out at 3pm on 10/22 (Friday)........took almost 5 days.....which is still quite fast.

Will tell you all the result, after I hoisted it up to the wall. Stay tuned.

Kwok

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.