AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was digging through old links and came across an DIGN Interational one and was looking at there cases and found a new one HV5. It's nice hase the vfd and ir bottom center, usb controled, single drive in the center. It looks pretty nice.

http://www.dignint.com/product_hv5.htm

Has anyone seen where these might be available at and how much they would set a person back?

· Registered
315 Posts
Does anyone have any info on the EiOS HDTV Receiver that it has a spot for?

Jason

· Registered
78 Posts
Calypso-

Good find, man. You've got me hooked now. Of course, this case will now not come out for 4 months and I will pull out my hair and research 3+ hours daily on sites where this case can be obtained ;-) If I find anything, I'll let you know, but it looks like for the time being, the DIGN D.Vine case is the only one that DIGN is marketing (at least, in American markets- haven't found anything yet for Japanese/Korean markets).

Adam

· Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I emailed exoticpc and they said they thought ETA would be late May or June on the case, no word on the price. I might as well wait for a while since I'm in the process or building the theater, but if the price is reasonable, it seems like a good case. Just have to wait.

· Registered
208 Posts
Looks to be about 18" deep.

Interesting external HD case there, too.

· Registered
554 Posts
The ext. small HD case is cute, but I think it would be nice if they made a component-width ext. FireWire / USB2 HDD case that would fit multiple HD's in a ventilated (quietly), acoustically suspended inner cage, plus have a high quality internal (not wallwart) power supply.

Not sure if there are any RAID solutions that might work well without a PC that DIGN's engineers could put together out of Promise IDE RAID5 controllers and FIREWIRE/[email protected] bridges and other similar chips, but it sure would be nice IMO.

One could potentially fit 8 3.5" HDD's in 2 rows of 4 in a slim height (1U or less) component-width, case, yielding 2 TB storage for spanning or striping, and somewhat less than that for RAID5.

Alec

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.