AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How long does it take the Channel Guide to pick up new cable channels that my cable provider adds? My cable company added arounf 15 new channels almost 2 weeks ago and I would like to replay some of these.

How often does SB get updates on channels from cable providers? I have sent in a support question via the website 3 times and I have gotten the canned "If you are having trouble with your channel lineup do this" email, which doesnt help.

Thanks!

·
Registered
448 Posts
It's entirely possible that, rather than "adding" the new channels to your lineup, they actually created an entirely new (rebuild) lineup that contains the new channls.

I'd suggest going into setup and checking to see if there is a lineup that contains the correct channels for you.

Of course, it's also possible that the cable company didn't bother to inform Tribune Media in a timely basis...

You may want to check the listings and lineups at zap2it.com to see if there is a correct one listed there, or if yours has been updated there.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I just want to add to what TimSH said and that is:

If zap2it.com does NOT show the new listings, you should use their feedback form. (Zap2it gets their listings from Tribune Media Services, which is where Replay gets their listings from as well.)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Went to zap2it and they do not have the new channels either. Shouldnt replay have this type of form on their site? I sent in a question to there website and I dont even think a person has read it as I always get back the same standard "canned" reply.

Anyways thanks for the help!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shouldnt the website support form be the same as calling in. Has anyone had good experience witht he support form, or is it a completely automated form?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is it Tribune or the Cable company? I have the reverse situation, my channel guide lists dozens of channels, that are not actually carried by my cable company.

For example, for all the movie channels it lists both East and West coast feeds, but my cable provider (Adelphia) only carries the West coast feeds. It lists dozens of sports channels that Adelphia doesn't carry. It list many more PPV channels that Adelphia actually carries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.