AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically a JVC HD-1 clone, but some alterations though;

-22 vs. 25-27dB rated, actually half the audible noise if specifications are correct

-1000 vs. 700AL, 30% higher light-output is a rather important difference

In my opinion the desing on the Blackwing2 is also very nice, a bit "industrial", but as a former Barco CRT-owner, I really like a bit "rough" design...

Info: http://avforum.com/avnews/showproduct.php/product/688 .

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Several months ago when I saw pictures of this unit I remember thinking the Design was very cool.

But now that I've taken a closer look, does this not look like an RS1 that someone glued a couple of wings to and spray-painted black? Maybe it's just the pictures making the paint job look suspect, I dunno. I bet the specs end up the same as the JVC.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like this design, but I also agree that these pictures make it look at little "rough" on the edges... I'd have to see it live to make up my mind in this thing...

They state they are using their own "front-cooling"-system, I guess one would have to directly compare it to the HD1 to judge the real difference in sound-emission... 3dB is actually a doubled noise-level (or halfed from the HD1 that is...).

·
Registered
2,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Eivind Lygren /forum/post/0

3dB is actually a doubled noise-level (or halfed from the HD1 that is...).

For audio components, in order to have a 3 db increase in the sound volume, you need to double the wattage.

A 3db drop from 25 to 22 does not mean that the audio is half as loud.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithfarmer /forum/post/0

For audio components, in order to have a 3 db increase in the sound volume, you need to double the wattage.

A 3db drop from 25 to 22 does not mean that the audio is half as loud.

Right. In fact, a subjective doubling of loudness typically requires about 10dB increase in sound pressure level.

In other words, 37db sounds about twice as loud as 27dB (although "twice as loud" is obviously a very subjective call)

Peter

·
Registered
3,995 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man /forum/post/0

Looks like a cockroach; black, ugly, and it only comes out at night.

Oh wow, you're right. I can see this thing "trekkin' across the lid" of the toilet bowl.

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam Man /forum/post/0

Looks like a cockroach; black, ugly, and it only comes out at night.

Haha! I got a good chuckle reading this thread just now. You guys crack me up!!

It is amazing how a company can take something so beautiful and "add value" by turning it into something so fugly!!

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I guess the design is a cool idea, but it could have been much cooler if it had been shaped like the Death Star, or maybe a Tank. Or better yet, Optimus Prime of Transformers fame.

Magneto?

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
it's funny because it's the same company that does the Dreamvision Dreambee !

and the finish looks better onthe Dreambee in fact (while iliked the barco blackwing look, which was more piano gloss than on these pics !)

anyway JVC is smart to divert salesof the RS1 via BARCO MERIDIAN FAROUDJA DREAMVISION.

HD1 HD1 ! can't wait

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.