AVS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some great additions to the streaming menu of Classic TV on HD:

Hulu recently added the entire series of M*A*S*H in HD. Further, showing in great 16:9. Nice job ala Seinfeld. Hulu also has The Odd Couple in HD.

Amazon Prime just added the first season of Columbo in HD, the first season of Charlie's Angels in HD, and the entire series of Gilligan's in HD. Columbo and Gilligan's Island courtesy of IMDB live. Amazon Prime also has the entire series of Mission Impossible in HD. Amazon also have the Honeymooners in HD. Amazon also has via The Urban Channel , at $4.95 a month, has All of Us in HD.
Amazon Prime did of CHiPs and Dukes of Hazard, but have since discontinued the shows.

Amazon and Netflix have Andy Griffith and select (most) episodes of I Love Lucy in HD.

Hallmark has Columbo in HD intermittently (not currently) and Hart to Hart in great 16:9 in HD.

CBS All Access has the original Hawaii 5-0 inHD; it used to be on Amazon Prime.

Others?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Two of my favorites shows have had some episodes added recently:

tubi added season one of EMERGENCY!.

HGTV app added 65 episodes (13 episodes each from seasons 15 through 19) of Gardening by the Yard with Paul James.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I wonder if all the ownership problems with Hogans Heroes have been worked out. I'd like to watch that in HD, too.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Disappointed M*A*S*H has the added laugh track. Is there a version without laugh track or European version on Hulu? If not it’s back to the DVD for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I wonder if all the ownership problems with Hogans Heroes have been worked out. I'd like to watch that in HD, too.
No problems with rights to my knowledge. Hogan's Heroes has been formatted to HD. HDNET showed it in great HD in almost full screen a while back. Aspect ratio was approximately 16:8, with small vertical bars on the left and right.

Others I did not mention: Amazon Prime has the first five seasons of "Murder She Wrote" in HD.

And Cheers is also on Amazon Prime (and Netflix I believe.)

And Dick Van Dyke is in HD on Amazon Prime as well.

An Amazon and Hulu recently added all seasons of Boston Legal in HD! Boston Legal in HD just disappeared from syndication across the country for several years after the series ended.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Hulu also has all seasons of Baywatch in 16:9 HD.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hulu also has all seasons of Baywatch in 16:9 HD.
Yes, good one. They just added that recently.

Also,Netflix used to have classic TV favorite "Leave it to Beaver" in great HD, but no longer. Shame that take the trouble to convert 35 mm to HD, and then make it unavailable for steaming anywhere nor offer it on Blu-Ray. Netflix offers "Leave it to Beaver" for sale on it streaming service in SD; why not offer it in HD for a slightly higher price like they do for many other television shows?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Prime Video is streaming PERRY MASON as well. Now I can watch it without endless commercials for medical appliances and ads for lawyers who want to help you sue the medical appliance industry that wants to kill you.

·
Registered
8,697 Posts
Two of my favorites shows have had some episodes added recently:

tubi added season one of EMERGENCY!.

HGTV app added 65 episodes (13 episodes each from seasons 15 through 19) of Gardening by the Yard with Paul James.
Fun times playing paramedics/rescue with the buds in early gradeschool- we all wanted to be Gage & DeSoto :)

·
Registered
774 Posts
I watched Gilligans Island in HD on Amazon for free with commmercials. It was amazing. The colors were off the chart. Detail and sharpness were quite good. It would be hard to go back to the syndicated versions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts