AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST got a catalogue in mail, sammy is $300 off, from msrp of $799, making it $499, if you buy samsung 1080p tv, so either buy the cheapest they have or one you like and get player under $500, same as ps3, 20gb.

and if u buy on Fathers day weekend, there is $10 coupon too.

·
Registered
63 Posts
They claim to be or that it's a sale but as was mentioned in some other threads they are on commission and so the tv's sell for more to give the salesman a cut too. If you price match or drop it then the only way they get commission is off of the PA. That's one reason of many that they don't like people asking for discounts, besides that retailers do not haggle or barter and hate when people try. Last year you could get a TH-50PX70U 50" Panasonic for the same price at Best Buy that you could for the TH-42PX70U 42" Panasonic at Sears. Which would you prefer size constraints not withstanding? Pay the salesman for his work or get more bang for your buck from a salesman that is hourly?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Umm Sears has been very competitive lately with their electronics. They have actually been much lower than BB. As far as the comission thing goes 9.9/10 of them make $6/hr and about 1% on the products they sell. There are very few left that are on straight comission. I left Sears almost 1 yr ago and was one of only 3 left in my district on straight comission.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yes that is correct. They have also lowered commission rates on employees. I seem to remember however that you paid the same amount for a 42" plasma at Sears that you would pay for a 50" plasma of the same series at BB. This was true all year round last year. Sears also carries a lot of cheap or lower quality brands more than name brands or even offshoots of mainstream models. I don't often see Sears carry something cheaper than the other retailers if it's the same product model number and all though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.