AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I was running Kodi from a Chromebox but just replaced it with a regular desktop.

(I have hundreds of my Blu Rays on my NAS devices but I have been avoiding the 3D since it wasn't supported on the Chromebox but there does seem to be a way to set it up in Windows.)

I understand that running Kodi in Windows you can set an external player to playback 3D. But, that's as far as I understand. I know a popular choice was Total Media Theater but I read that is no longer supported... therefore I don't know if I can buy the program.

I have a version of PowerDVD that came bundled with my external Blu Ray drive... but that program seems really, really, terrible.... but maybe it's not when it's setup right as an external player from Kodi.

ANyways... looking for any help to try to get something going.

-Brian

·
Registered
15,396 Posts
Windows and the Chromebox are not friends. HDMI audio doesn't work at all. Also, Windows 7 doesn't work on the Chromebox. Only 8.x and later.

Are you trying to put Windows on your Chromebox or use your desktop?

BTW, TMT isn't available any more.

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Windows and the Chromebox are not friends. HDMI audio doesn't work at all. Also, Windows 7 doesn't work on the Chromebox. Only 8.x and later.

Are you trying to put Windows on your Chromebox or use your desktop?

BTW, TMT isn't available any more.
I removed the Chromebox and replaced with a new PC which is pretty good specs wise.

So ... forget that I mentioned the Chromebox.... it's in storage.

I understand about TMT.... So I guess forget that too.....

I think I need to pursue PowerDVD.... or maybe sterepscopic player....

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Rip the MVC video into an mkv file (like all your other files hopefully). This will playback (in 2D, left eye 1080p) on everything and still be transcode-able by Plex and MB3. It will only playback properly (in MVC 3D, both eyes) on Stereoscopic Player though (with an nvidia card)

You can also just keep ISOs instead, and they will playback correctly on PDVD or TMT with i3 or higher intel integrated graphics as well as a large variety of AMD and NVIDIA dGPUs. ISO has the restriction of not playing back on much else than windows (if that's of any importance) and it won't be "transcodable" and unless you modify it yourself it will have all those annoying extras and menus in there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts