Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all!

I live in Portugal, and in here few people cares about really good

speakers. Because of that the choice is a bit limited.

I used to have a set of Monsoon MM-1000 and I loved it! They were by

far the best speakers I´ve had, but now the left sattelite began a

strange noise and so I decided to buy a new set of speakers.

I´ve bought the Logitech Z-2200 and I´ve very disapointed, the

speakers are very agressive, and have lot´s of high´s and mid´s. The

sound is very crunchy and being used to the monsoon for about one and

an half year, it´s really disapointing.

I´m going to return the Logitech´s, but I must buy new ones.

I already know the monsoon closed the deal, so I wanted some advice on

the new speakers. I´ll basically hear music and games, not much for

movies.

I have acess to Creative, Altec, Logitech and the Klipsch Promedia GMX

A-2.1 but I´ve read some report of some hissing.

I´m really picky about sound, and I want something good and surround

is not important to me. It´s just, at this price you can already get some monitors...

Thanks in advance to all!

Rafael Franco

·
Registered
358 Posts
Have you listened to the Altec Lansing MX5021 2.1 system?

Their quite a nice pair of speakers for the puter that have a solid midrange.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I used to own the Klipsch setup and loved it :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply! But for the price of the Klipsch I can already buy some studio monitors from Behringer or Roland... It´s just 189€ for a 2.1 computer system is a bit expensive...

·
Registered
534 Posts
Well,... why not some monitors? I use an old Mitsubishi/Onkyo receiver, a pr. of Monitor Audio Silver 5i for mains, an RBH 10" 150w sub hooked up to my computer through the A7N8X's digital coax. I also hooked up some cheap Creative Labs speakers for the center and surrounds.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Doesnt BOSE make a small PC set. I mean, i wouldnt touch their stuff with a 10ft pole in the Home Audio stuff. But the PC speakers are supposed to be pretty decent.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have heard that Bose 2.1 setup at Best Buy and was very unimpressed, the speakers look and feel like toys and the sub was boomy, for $250 it is a rip off, even worse is there 2 speaker “media-mate†setup that they charge $100 for. The THX certified Klipsch 2.1 setup in the link below I also heard at Best Buy and it was much better and it only costs $150. They had a very clear crisp sound, the sub was pretty tight sounding and they went very loud. I am considering buying them as an upgrade to my Cambridge Sound Works “micro-works†computer speakers. The CS setup I have is pretty decent but ever since I heard the Klipsch it has had me thinking about the upgrade.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....3&type=product

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok i thought id give BOSE another chance, and they dissapoint again. Go figure ;-) Well i had the Klipsch and loved them....they just kicked some serious butt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem is that here in Portugal you can only buy the GMX ones... I´ve searched musicstore and came up with the following monitors. Will these be better than some ordinary PC speakers?

Behringer

"B 2030A Truth Studiomonitor aktiv, 6,5/1""

FOSTEX

"PM-05 Studiomonitor aktiv,

Behringer

B 2031A Truth Studiomonitor aktiv 8/1"

Yamaha

"MSP 3 Studiomonitor aktiv, 4" Bass/7/8" HT, 40w"

And some Roland...

Because of this I´m a bit confused..

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I also recommend the Klipsch GMX A-2.1. I'm listening to it right now. No hiss (and even if there were, who could hear it over the computer?) Very nice sub. Interesting that Klipsch does such nice PC subs, and some fairly mediocre mid-range subs.

189 Euros (about $200) does seem steep since we pay about $125 here. Probably some EU tariff.

BTW, the term "studio monitor" is just a marketing phrase. Don't be impressed by it. Better to listen to the speakers, if you can.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yup, and the Klipsch are really really really good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.