AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
True, the 90 was 1000 lumens as I recall.
Mind you they don't build them quite as carefully or solidly as they did then either.
Calibrated, best image mode was less than 700 lumens. Easier to be quiet, compared to 1,600 plus calibrated lumens, these days.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Calibrated, best image mode was less than 700 lumens. Easier to be quiet, compared to 1,600 plus calibrated lumens, these days.
Indeed. But they were also made a lot more solidly then too.

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
I believe I know more about this than you do. :) He stopped using them a month ago.
Ha, okay.
Is that not because he uses mid laser now after he bought a Lumagen? Why would anyone use high laser with a Lumagen in tow? It is well known that people can and do lower their light output with a DTM solution in place.
Maybe Terry @tigerhonaker can kindly clarify for us? Just to put this to bed rather than drag it out. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
To get max lumens out of a Z1, you have to love the sound of jet engines though don't you? ;)
I think Terry watches on high with no problem - by keeping his room cool. it's too loud for my tastes, but any projector is too loud for me - even yours.
As Craig reported earlier, Terry uses high laser and I know a couple others that do so also. Terry does not use the angled deflectors either. I would have used high laser in my room, if I had noticed a big improvement with HDR. I have good temperature control in my room.
Ummmm, on this video of his room (47 seconds in) it appears that he sort of does.... ;)
JVC RS4500 Laser projector Shutting down June 05 2020 - YouTube
I believe I know more about this than you do. :) He stopped using them a month ago.
As Craig reported earlier, Terry uses high laser and I know a couple others that do so also. Terry does not use the angled deflectors either. I would have used high laser in my room, if I had noticed a big improvement with HDR. I have good temperature control in my room.
Ha, okay.
Is that not because he uses mid laser now after he bought a Lumagen? Why would anyone use high laser with a Lumagen in tow? It is well known that people can and do lower their light output with a DTM solution in place.
Maybe Terry @tigerhonaker can kindly clarify for us? Just to put this to bed rather than drag it out. ;)
Hello guys,

I've been Super-super busy on my next "Major-Project" for the middle of 2022 so haven't been here until now.

Anyway, see pictures below and everyone will be all the way up to date.

Just as information I also run my RS4500 using what's called, "High-Altitude- Mode".
(That function increases the 12-internal-fans speeds)
I have zero issue with Fan-Noise and below is the Major-Contributing reason why in my opinion.

BTW,
I Do-Not run the RS4500 on High-Laser all the time !!!
Mine is set to to run on "Mid-Laser" until it senses 4K or HDR content see next comment below.
Mine is set-up to go to High-Laser when it senses 4K and or HDR content then Automatically switches to "High-Laser".

Stay-Safe everyone,
Terry aka tigerhonaker on the Web

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
Thanks Terry and Woofer. It is not like I don't have experience with the 4500, having owned it for a year. I mean when people came over to see the 4500, they all were shocked that the noise level on high laser was not as loud as they were led to believe. If I recall correctly, the 4500 in high laser was about the same as the 885 at 100% output. Someone measured both and provided db readings. Woofer, that wasn't you was it? Maybe it was Arrow? I will try to find the post, but search seems to really suck now.

·
Premium Member
2,405 Posts
Someone measured both and provided db readings. Woofer, that wasn't you was it? Maybe it was Arrow? I will try to find the post, but search seems to really suck now.
I think it may have been Arrow ??
I do have db readings myself compared against the 760ES... ...just have to recall where i placed them in amongst all the AV related data i have..

Thinking back...... i think i did actually post some db readings along with Nigel,s ...we were comparing each others results at a given distance ??

·
Premium Member
3,128 Posts
Hello guys,

I've been Super-super busy on my next "Major-Project" for the middle of 2022 so haven't been here until now.

Anyway, see pictures below and everyone will be all the way up to date.

Just as information I also run my RS4500 using what's called, "High-Altitude- Mode".
(That function increases the 12-internal-fans speeds)
I have zero issue with Fan-Noise and below is the Major-Contributing reason why in my opinion.

BTW,
I Do-Not run the RS4500 on High-Laser all the time !!!
Mine is set to to run on "Mid-Laser" until it senses 4K or HDR content see next comment below.
Mine is set-up to go to High-Laser when it senses 4K and or HDR content then Automatically switches to "High-Laser".

Stay-Safe everyone,
Terry aka tigerhonaker on the Web

Whats the read panel in the back of your pj for?
cdnscg,

I'm not sure but if you meant to say, What's the RED Panel in the back of your pj for ???

Acoustic Innovations Sound Panels in the H/T and they are RED with Black Frame.
(See my Signature below for Components/Gear)

Terry

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
I think it may have been Arrow ??
I do have db readings myself compared against the 760ES... ...just have to recall where i placed them in amongst all the AV related data i have..

Thinking back...... i think i did actually post some db readings along with Nigel,s ...we were comparing each others results at a given distance ??
Yes, I do remember reading that, now that you reminded me. :)

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Garbage!! As others have said , in the real world HIGH Laser isn't anywhere near as loud as is made out on these forums by some !
Fair enough, but it was a fair point to make as it had been said more than a few times.
:) Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
19,533 Posts
Fair enough, but it was a fair point to make as it had been said more than a few times.
:) Thanks for the clarification.
I have some folks that think an RS2000 on high lamp sounds like a jet engine. The surrounding surfaces, environment and one's hearing ( and various tolerance factors ) all come into play. But the original " sounds like a jet engine " goes back to the very first RS4500 demo in Europe with an early demo unit, that was probably sucking in the hot air exhaust of a bunch of other projectors that were running next to it. Arrow was there, but whomever was in charge of the JVC at that demo should have been fired.

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
I have some folks that think an RS2000 on high lamp sounds like a jet engine. The surrounding surfaces, environment and one's hearing ( and various tolerance factors ) all come into play. But the original " sounds like a jet engine " goes back to the very first RS4500 demo in Europe with an early demo unit, that was probably sucking in the hot air exhaust of a bunch of other projectors that were running next to it. Arrow was there, but whomever was in charge of the JVC at that demo should have been fired.
Maybe they were comparing it to itself when in low lamp, which I found to be whisper quiet. I mean from four or five feet away, I couldn't tell if the projector was even turned on without looking.

·
Registered
14 Posts
with whom works correctly: lens memory - automatic calibration - focus (drift)?

thanks so much

·
Registered
30,764 Posts
with whom works correctly: lens memory - automatic calibration - focus (drift)?

thanks so much
Both Sony and JVC work reasonably well with lens memory. Only JVC has auto calibration. The Sony calibration puts it back to out of the box performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So in Germany you can read: lensmemory only works totally imprecisely, 3 cm difference,
calibration: does not work,
Focus work not good
have you tried it?

101 - 120 of 125 Posts