AVS Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
7,438 Posts
Does the auto calibration not work on the 790 as well then?

·
Registered
30,765 Posts
So in Germany you can read: lensmemory only works totally imprecisely, 3 cm difference,
calibration: does not work,
Focus work not good
have you tried it?
Please clarify what you are saying? Which projector are you talking about?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Reactions: Archibald1

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
My $0.02. I have the JVC NX7 w/ DCR Lens, which looks beautiful and wows me every time I view it (@~2500 hrs). Now here is the kicker when I place a 4K disc in my Oppo 203 vs streaming the picture wows me even more, on low lamp. I can’t even imagine what a NX-9 w/ a DCR lens would provide. However, again the NX-7 w/ a DCR lens is the best h/w combo, IMHO, with Autocal and Spider X calibration this provided a remarkable pic w/o Pro calibration. I know the lumagen provides an even more a remarkable pic, however it requires an additional Professional calibration.

I used the Autocal Gamma and S&M color and I believe this provided at least an 85-90% calibration, and I’m happy with it. At some point I will do a Pro calibration, but I can recalibrate on my own utilizing the aforementioned s/w which I will perform every 500 hrs. YMMV of course, this is just my humble opinion. However, I digress. Hope this helps.

Edit: I did purchase a Projector Lamp housing, and a separate lamp from DC (thx again Dominic), since I utilize my HT more than normal users (~8hrs/day) to cover the next few years of use.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Reactions: Craig Peer
121 - 125 of 125 Posts