Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
 http://www.soundblaster.com/products...troduction.asp

Saw the promo today. Perhaps this is old news, but it's the first I've heard on it. A quick search of the forums revealed no prior threads (that I could find) on the product.

They apparently have 4 new models, with various added on fluff.

Has anyone had a chance to preview these new models? Can share how they perform in a HTPC environment? Meaning how is their D/A conversion compared to a quality pre-amp?

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I do know Sound Blaster X-Fi going for $130 Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music up to possable $400 for high end Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro and Creative Lab expects to ship the first X-Fi Sound Blaster products later this month on August 22, 2005 and bad news it not grade memory so only the Elite Pro and the Fatal1ty cards have 64MB of RAM onboard and I think the other two only getting 2MB to maybe 4MB which suck all ready but from what I read and unstand games like Battlefield 2 is one of the first games that will take advantage of the X-Fi's onboard memory and 128-voice support.

What really suck all ready is that god damm useless Joystck/MIDI Port at less they remove the useless Firewire port.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.