AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my current audio plan for my new home. If there is a more efficient way to accomplish my goals then I am all ears. Cheaper would always help…. I have encountered the following problem with HTD as they require an analog input for their system. (See below)

Goals:
- 5.1 Airplay enabled AV receiver
- A remote Airport Express (for airplay from master bedroom)
- Watch football game on 5.1 and distribute audio to 6 zones at the same time
- One outdoor covered porch w/ TV
- Equipment:
- Sources:
- Satellite Box
- DVD
- Airport Express (remote location)
- Receiver – Yamaha RX-A1030 (used with airplay)
- Component:
- Audio Controller (6 zone) – HTD Mid-Level w/ amp
- Keypads
- Speakers:
- 5.1:
- Center Channel - Polk Audio – 255c-LS
- L/R Channel – Polk Audio – 265-LS
- Rear Channel – Polk Audio – 265-LS
- Sub – SVS PB-2000
- 6 Zones Ceiling Mounted (1 outdoor):
- Polk Audio – RC60i 8”
------------PROBLEM------------------
- The HTD controller requires an analog source. I was planning on connecting the Yamaha RX-A1030 to the HTD controller. But, HTD claims there is no analog output available when the receiver source is a digital HDMI from the Satellite Box. They claim the fix would be to use the 3.5mm or optical output from the TV and connect it to the HTD controller. (I would assume I would use a balun for this???) What is everyone’s opinion on this solution? Is there a better/easier/cheaper way of getting the functionality I want?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You have speakers setup in 6 different places along with a 5.1 setup in your house? Have you wired all of that? Are they all terminating in the one place? Do you plan to drive them all at once? What's the goal of airplay in your bedroom. I don't get it. If your house is that big, this might be a good opportunity to pay someone to work all of this out for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have speakers setup in 6 different places along with a 5.1 setup in your house? Have you wired all of that? Are they all terminating in the one place? Do you plan to drive them all at once? What's the goal of airplay in your bedroom. I don't get it. If your house is that big, this might be a good opportunity to pay someone to work all of this out for you.
No this is not wired yet. I plan on terminating in a central location in the basement. Most speakers would be powered on for a football game or party. This should be easily handled by the HTD amp and Yamaha receiver. I want the Airport Express in my bedroom because my airplay receiver will be out of range ~50'. I want to play pandora from my bedroom while getting ready in the morning and this is my solution. My main floor is about 2,000sf excluding my 300sf deck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts