AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Nice job. How do you get behind the fron panel to the other drives? What do the four buttons do (ABCD)? Also, is that an LCD panel I see under the DVD drive?

------------------

--}{: --}{:

: --}{: --}{:

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice job badams

Where'd ya get them AV feet!

------------------

Never underestimate the importance of Duct Tape and RTV

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got feet from an old trashed Denon tape deck.

The front of my HTPC has 4 RCA plugs connecting to the analog out of the soundcard(Fortissimo) and one BNC(composite) monitor connecting to the hardware DVD decoder. This is in addition to the main RGB output going to the projector. There's also an IR window of which an IRMan is sitting behind taking IR commands from remote. I can link some bigger more detailed pictures if someone's willing put them up somewhere.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Feel free to dump your images on

ftp.siwilson.com/htpc

anonymous login OK, but you won't be able to modify or delete files.

------------------

------------

Simon Wilson
My Naff Home Page

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The front of the case is a three unit high rack cover(I cut off the rack ears). The base and sides are from a rack mounted sliding door as is the top, and the rear panel where the PCI/AGP cards sit in is taken from an original PC case. I measured out the dimensions for a DVD player, floppy drive, IR lense, plug sockets and touch buttons and went to work with a jigzaw and file.

The power supply is a 300W ATX I had to take out of its cases otherwise it wouldn't have fit(had to be careful with open 240V). Everything fitted very snug. I have left room to put in a LCD display later when/if someone works out how to interface it with PowerDVD. I'm running 98lite on it and it flies!

The case took a lot of hard work, thinking and patience to complete, but am glad I did. People who have seen it insist to me it's not a PC until I take of the top and show them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.