AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
BACKDRAFT should be terrific, since all LD and DVD versions are quite poor and not even anamorphic.

·
Registered
92 Posts
"The second wave of titles to be released later this year will include DreamWorks’ “The Haunting†and “Galaxy Quest,†Fox’s “Independence Day†and Fight Club,†Universal’s “Backdraft†and “End Of Days†and Artisan’s “Terminator†and “Dirty Dancing.â€"

Ken,

I can appreciate your skepticism but I don't think the press release is representing itself as a comprehensive list of all titles to be released and I don't think a fair person would read the above quoted sentence from the press release and make the "chicken little-esque" statement that the list of titles has droped from 100 to 12. Let's leave the FUD out of this topic, please.

·
Registered
28,182 Posts
What about all this HD recording capability they talk about in that article? I though D-VHS machines couldn't record HD programming? Am I missing something here??

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by archiguy

What about all this HD recording capability they talk about in that article? I though D-VHS machines couldn't record HD programming? Am I missing something here??
The article is misleading in that the JVC 30K D-VHS unit would have to be hooked via firewire to a firewire-capable STB in order to record HD content (no firewire capable STBs are currently in production and being sold, an exception being the 169time modified RCA DTC-100 which requires you to send your DTC-100 to 169time for the firewire mod). JVC supposedly will be releasing their TU-9000 STB later this year which will allow recording of OTA HD and DISH network HD content but none of us are holding our breath as STBs are often delayed in introduction to the market place. Samsung has announced an OTA-only HD receiver containing a firewire connection for release this summer, but we will have to wait and see if it is truly compatible with the 30K unit.

·
Registered
33,553 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by zeitgeistdr

[BKen,

I can appreciate your skepticism but I don't think the press release is representing itself as a comprehensive list of all titles to be released and I don't think a fair person would read the above quoted sentence from the press release and make the "chicken little-esque" statement that the list of titles has droped from 100 to 12. Let's leave the FUD out of this topic, please. [/b]
Zeitgeistdr,

Did you notice that I used the word "apparently" in my post? I certainly hope this is not the case since I just received my JVC today. I want this format to be a success, it DESERVES to be a success!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.