Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm just wondering, if I change the dallas chip to a new empty one will the unit then be able to power up with the IR-remote or do I need a wired keypad ? Or is there any other way on the inside to get it started ?

Thanks !

Fredrik

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I thought I couldn't get the unit started after I changed the dallas chip. So I'm wondering, is it possible to short 2 pins or something simular to get it powered up ? I'm getting desperate here.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Axe,

Sorry, just saw your post. It should power up just fine after replacign the Dallas Chip. When I did mine, I had no problems. Try doing a hard reset and see what happens. Mine did have the wired keypad, but I can;t see where that would make a difference.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jay,

Well I thought maybe the IR didn't work that well for some reason or another since the software side seems to be screwed. It powers up w/o the dallas chip.. But, is it possible to do a hard reset when you can't power the thing up ? The only way I know is to first do "recall"(reset for newer versions) and then the big red button.

Thanks,

Fredrik

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
I see what you mean. Do you get the green ready light? How about just pushing reset and then powering up? I had absolutely no problems when I did mine. I pulled the card, pulled the chip, popped in the new one, inserted the card, and voila! then I did the hard reset and started over. I just skipped the power up part in my suggesstion to you :D How about letting it sit unplugged for about 30 minutes? You don't have the wired remtoe at all I take it? Or is it just broken. What's the number on the Dallas chip you bought?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jay,

I've tried pushing the red button button over and over again ;) Yes, I get the green light and the error diode just below doesn't light or flash either, so everything looks good. I don't have a wired keypad, that's why I'm wondering if that could be it. I've tried having it unplugged and that wont work either. I don't have the guts and the tools(it sits too far in) to try and pulling the chip in after it's powered up without it, maybe that would work but I don't feel to comfortable trying it since I've never seen anyone else done it, I've tried the same technique with computer bios's and it works great ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.