AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
Jvc nx7,dcr lens, stewart cima neve screen,Denon AVR-X4400H,outlaw 5000,hsu 15h, polk audio,
204 Posts
I'm truly interested in this video processor but will I actually benefit from the darbee with a jvc 4k native and dcr lens? I wish the darbee had something else to offer ,like tone mapping or even automatic scaling for different aspect ratios. I know it's probably to much to ask.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Worried about there being no 120hz support.... I use 120hz on the desktop until MadVR switches to 24hz for movies.

LG CX...

·
Registered
560 Posts
Link to order just posted-https://www.pixelgendesign.com/products/pxlvision
other post-Unfortunately, it does not work with Dolby Vision. Only HDR10, HDR10+ and HLG and DVP will not initially be available on HDR. It comes in a future FW update according to the specs.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Also noted on that thread-They do charge your card at the time of the order.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Will this have these features?

• 1080p 24hz output
  • 3d demux to two displays
  • warping

And bonus features:

• 4K HDR to 1080p SDR conversion/mapping
  • CMS

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have to believe that it is backwards compatible.
I will still be using my darbee(s) for my 1080 & below service. The new unit will be on the output of my Oppo UDP-203 for shiny disk service.

From their website:
  • Max High-speed Bit-rate: 17.91Gbps/5.94Gbps per/CH (4K60 8-bit 4:4:4)
  • 4K60/50/30/25/24, 1080p120/60/50/24, 720p60/50, 1080i60/50 (With DVP™)
  • Standard Dynamic Range: 4K SDR formats with sub-chroma sampling up to 4:4:4, 60 frames per second & 12-bit colour depth
  • High Dynamic Range: 10-bit 4K HDR formats (HDR10, HDR10+, Hybrid Log Gamma) at 60 frames per second with DVP™ enhancement available with future firmware release
  • Colour space: BT.2020, BT.709, BT.601
Thanks mate, but bit too technical for me haha! So, sounds like sticking with my current unit until it blows out is best. Hopefully that is a while, but I did have a scare the other week where power was not going to the unit, moving and turning the power input thing worked though after a bit :)

·
Registered
560 Posts
Specs page.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
And some more info from blu-ray.com posts-
Here's the response to HDR and DV:

"We are hoping to launch PXLVISION with HDR (10-bit only formats), but there is still a chance that this will be a post-launch firmware upgrade. Timelines are tight all over hardware dev right now and we are certainly not immune to engineering-based delays due to COVID. We are doing our best and will likely have a better idea of a final answer (HDR at launch) in the coming months.

Regarding DV, this will not be a part of the launch but there may be a future FW upgrade for this as well. However, this will take longer and certainly is not on the table for PXLVISION launch timeframe. FYI – All formats DV (and 10-bit HDR formats if necessary) will operate in passthrough mode through PXLVISION if not yet supported by DARBEE."

·
Registered
76 Posts
Got mine ordered, as well!

I'll be running it from my receiver's HDMI output into an Epson 5050ub projector.

I previously owned the 5000 series Darbee processor and used it with my BenQ 1080p short throw projector and the results were exceptional. I'm mostly excited to see how it manages 3D blu-ray discs. My Epson already has extremely impressive 3D. (I'm using the interpolation on low-medium settings and loving it).

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
So estimated shipping of 6/21 for $600. But missing a lot of features. No HDMI 2.1 support. Bandwidth cpa of 18Gbps. Probably no HDR out of the gate. And no time frame or promise of DV support. 120Hz missing.

IDK.... not very future proof. Lots of marketing talk but no real mention if this DVP will actually be DTM. Seems maybe too little too late. Maybe wait for a Gen2 or at least get some user reviews in?

·
Registered
513 Posts
I'm waiting for 120hz and hdmi 2.1 idk how they could launch for that much money without those two specs included

Reactions: wertman

·
Registered
75 Posts
i am really excited about this. i purchased one. i think they have a great product. The oppo used their technology and a dvd from oppo is 1500 now a days. For 600 you would still have money left over. I am sure they will add hdr10+ and every other new technology. Darbee is a great family owned company why not support them.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I can't support them because they are releasing a product that is years behind what my 4K television needs.

I'll be the first to throw money at them if they give us an actual cutting edge product.

Reactions: mattg3 and sharok
21 - 40 of 83 Posts