AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
19,502 Posts
I can't support them because they are releasing a product that is years behind what my 4K television needs.

I'll be the first to throw money at them if they give us an actual cutting edge product.
Nobody watching 4K movies and shows needs HDMI 2.1 or 120hz. Maybe gamers. And none of us projector owners need HDMI 2.1 or 120hz either. Just FYI.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
My employer has Twitter blocked -- glad to read there is recent activity -- If the new unit is half as good as the original Darbee Darblet it will be worth $500. 3D is out of favor, but the Darblet made 3D rock. Just amazing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Nobody watching 4K movies and shows needs HDMI 2.1 or 120hz. Maybe gamers. And none of us projector owners need HDMI 2.1 or 120hz either. Just FYI.
This is laughable. My HTPC would absolutely argue otherwise.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you sit 5 to 6 feet away you will
Bingo, don't let the trolls fool you guys Darbee had a chance to make a truly cutting edge product and really dropped the ball.

Reactions: Venue and mattg3

·
Registered
19,502 Posts
@Craig Peer you got no issues with reflections from those glass surfaces in the tables? I'm very jealous of your seating distance. Is that your 16:9 or 2.35:1 screen in the image?
That's the 128" diagonal 2.35:1 screen. The tables usually have wine glasses and wine bottles on them, and they really don't reflect any light at they angle they are at. Besides, got to have some good vino with a good movie.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Craig you seem like the kind of guy who tries way too hard to drop pictures of your setup in every thread, it's a bit much.

How about you enjoy a movie with the family instead.

Also you can stop trying to crap on us peasants with 65" panels who have very different needs than yours from the Darbee. As if they designed it only for you.

·
Premium Member
2,397 Posts
Craig you seem like the kind of guy who tries way too hard to drop pictures of your setup in every thread, it's a bit much.

No, I think Craig in this instance is just trying to convey just what "Home Theatre " is all is about .. and i think MANY would agree that you cant associate "Home Theatre" and screen sizes in the vicinity of 65" in the same context! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
513 Posts
No, I think Craig in this instance is just trying to convey just what "Home Theatre " is all is about .. and i think MANY would agree that you cant associate "Home Theatre" and screen sizes in the vicinity of 65" in the same context! :rolleyes:
Wtf does any of that have to do with the Darbee ? I can't believe some of you guys are dick measuring with your projector screen size. Maybe some of us don't have the luxury of dedicating an entire room of their house just to movies ?

Reactions: Venue

·
Registered
574 Posts
Wtf does any of that have to do with the Darbee ? I can't believe some of you guys are dick measuring with your projector screen size. Maybe some of us don't have the luxury of dedicating an entire room of their house just to movies ?
I'll just agree with this statement, an OLED setup can cost just as much, even more, than a home theater projector setup in a dedicated room, no dick measurements needed.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Let's talk more about the Darbee though, guys.

Don't you think the unit could of been made similar to the DVP-5000S? Like, an in-line unit, smaller, more simpler, it seem much too complicated for what it does?
I'll be honest, it's $599, might as well buy Playstation 5, OH HELLO! not compatible! no HDMI 2.1, no 120Hz, you have to setup two separate video paths, I mean, why?!

I think what we have here is, two companies trying to come up with something, that neither of the companies are capable of coming up with on their own.
That's why you have a price of $599, both of them want a piece of the cake, hence the price, this unit should be no more than $249-299, maybe even less!
Drop all the unnecessary features, who needs Wi-Fi, app control, front indication LED's? These all add up to cost that nobody is using, remote control is sufficient.
Nobody wants the front indication lights anyway, they irritate people, and people turn them off, or tape them over, unless sitting in a rack/cabinet/closet, just don't add them.

I mean, look at DVP-5000S, if that version could of been made for 4K, what else do you need?
They are charging an arm and a leg for something that adds so little to a setup, let's not forget, not even compatible with all sources, still $599?
Was this really what you imagined it to be?

By the way, the OPPO UDP-203 retailed for $549, THINK ABOUT THAT!
And they called THAT pricey! My, my!
https://www.audioholics.com/blu-ray-and-dvd-player-reviews/oppo-udp-203-udp-205

Case closed.

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's such a shame too, the DVP 5000 couldn't have been simpler, you just tossed it between your TV and receiver and chose your setting, boom done. The picture quality was night and day. Waited years and years for a 4K compatible version and feel very let down.

That price is astronomical too.

Reactions: Jbhur212 and Venue

·
Registered
574 Posts
They don't seem to know their place in the market. I bet you, they would have made the unit THX certified and IMAX Enhanced too if they could.

·
Registered
513 Posts
With the way it's priced and the lack of features I wouldn't be surprised if this was the very last Darbee we ever see

41 - 60 of 83 Posts