AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Banned
4,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whaddya think? So far the only ability I see is to be able to chat outside of a game. It would be nice to send messages, hopefully that will come later.

I just tested chatting with a buddy who lives near by. Not bad, some break-up. I can see some limited use for this to plan games and stuff but they really need the ability to send messages.

Now someone needs to check and see if the dash is 480p.

· Registered
385 Posts
It is? I thought it didn't come out until the 12th. Did you have to be in a game to download it, or could you just connect to Live from your dashboard, and then it loaded?

if for some reason it is 480p, well then, I'll have to crappity crap my pants. Imagine if it would default to the highest resolution you've got turned on in your settings...that would be sooooo cool. Alas..I doubt it.

· Registered
141 Posts
I'm dowloading the updates now, I'll let everyone know if it's 480p.

That would be especially nice for us Sammy DLP players.

· Registered
16,948 Posts
Those of you with modded boxes be sure to switch off your mod before going to the new dashboard since it defaults to 'Auto Sign On' .

-- For those that do not know signing in to Xbox LIVE with an active Mod-Chip will get you Banned from Xbox LIVE [ very old news but just a heads up for those that might not be aware of it ] .

---- Jason

· Registered
19,564 Posts
I just got Live yesterday. I don't see anything all that great about the new Dash except better network settings and the ability to have voice output the speakers. That's it.

· Registered
464 Posts
Yeah, new live is very lame. I was hoping for 480p. Why is this such a hard thing to implement? If they're worried about not having a standard tv signal and locking yourself out with 480p, why not just make a magic key combo to revert back during startup? Huh?

· Registered
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by SiliGoose
Who cares if it's 480p? It's a friggin menu screen! As long as the games are good what does it matter?
Ok.. who cares? Those of us using systems that don't toggle between 480i and 480p, such as projectors and other quaint devices. Without 480p, I have to manually swap a friggen cable to the XBOX HD pack in the X1 to display the "menu" screen if there is a live message *or* to use any of the live features not build into the games *480p* menu. So, for example, when I logged into burnout2 live, it popped me into a blank 480i screen, I had to switch the cables, see what the heck xbox was doing in menu, read the msft message, then it popped back to 480p. So, I care, because I'd rather not have a system that is set to display 480p, display 480i everytime I use live features.

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by pcostanz
Ok.. who cares? Those of us using systems that don't toggle between 480i and 480p, such as projectors and other quaint devices. Without 480p, I have to manually swap a friggen cable to the XBOX HD pack in the X1 to display the "menu" screen if there is a live message *or* to use any of the live features not build into the games *480p* menu. So, for example, when I logged into burnout2 live, it popped me into a blank 480i screen, I had to switch the cables, see what the heck xbox was doing in menu, read the msft message, then it popped back to 480p. So, I care, because I'd rather not have a system that is set to display 480p, display 480i everytime I use live features.
Hmm that SUCKS! My Z1 bounces between 480i and 480p in about a half second (screen goes blue and poof back on in 480P) Time to swap out that X1.

· Registered
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FrankJ.Cone
Hmm that SUCKS! My Z1 bounces between 480i and 480p in about a half second (screen goes blue and poof back on in 480P) Time to swap out that X1.
-troll.... :rolleyes:

· Registered
8,070 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by hollismb
That's cuz it's retrieving info from the live servers between menus.
The pauses are really annoying. I hope they optimize this. Just looking around the new UI took a terribly long time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.