AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called Cousin's Video today about the release date of the Zenith HDTV STB that I have on pre-order. They informed me that as of today, Zenith is still waiting for DirecTV approval, and that if all goes well, the STB should now be available by November or December.

------------------

Scott

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
That's bad news indeed. Zenith will miss most of all of the Christmas selling season.

------------------

Rich Peterson

DBS Consumer Guide Author

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Oh well. Thanks for the info but I can't wait that long (and i'm sure others can't either with hd.net starting and band of brothers starting too). I'm going for the tosh dst-3000 from dynadirect.com

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not that any of this is reliable (obviously), but I got an e-mail message from Zenith this week saying it would be available "later this month."

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Zenith is at CEDIA this weekend showing it off. Can anyone post any reliable informaiton from the show???

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
just got a look at the 1080dtv pdf available on the zenith website:

1) availability is listed at 3rd quarter

2) 15 pin rgb output is available (makes my projector happy!!)

for the folks attending cedia, any word on whether it supports black or grey bars

for 4:3 upconverted material??

lcubed

------------------

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I would think that information directly from Zenith about the release date of the DTV1080 would be more reliable than from Cousins' Video. I think we need to find a different retailer to pre-order this unit from. I called Zenith on Thursday. The representative told me the receiver is now in production and should be available late Sept/early Oct.

Andrew

·
Registered
393 Posts
I guess we just have to wait and see on shipping dates. This reminds me a little bit of what happened with the recent editions of the mits, toshiba, sony, etc. stb's where we just kept waiting and waiting for them to be issued.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm a Mitsu HDTV owner who's been holding off on the HDTV STB purchase (partly because of rental apartment restrictions on mounting big-ass antennas....), but have been casually following the STB soap opera. Is this Zenith STB really worth getting, or are there other features/developments on the near horizon that would make some other STB a better buy?

·
Registered
33,592 Posts
Saltheart,

See the other thread on this STB and you'll see why many are very excited about it. It has features that no other unit has in addition to a third generation chipset for reception.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.