AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new DC Marquee RAD with AccessTV was (ordered last Monday) shipped yesterday to me WITHOUT the updated software from DigitalConnection. After my call, they told me it would send Version 2.1 on a CDROM. It seems to me that new systems being shipped yesterday should have the updated software already loaded and configured. Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Harms (edited 05-18-2001).]

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Tom,

The final 2.1 version of accessDTV software was not released by accessDTV until ~ 10 PM last night.

Digital Connection does not ship HTPCs with incomplete beta software, sorry.

------------------

Best Regards, Cliff

Digital Connection, LLC

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Of course one of the benefits of buying a HTPC pre built is that its configured and SW installed but really...

You are buying a PC and you will be adding, updating, configuring, etc etc if you are going to keep it cutting edge and adapt it to your setup. Thats the beauty. Enjoy the fun !!

------------------

[email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
493 Posts
Tom, if you're not comfortable installing the update, I'd be happy to install it, as we're both in DC and I'd welcome the opportunity to see a Marquee in action. (I have no relationship with DC, I'm just an enthusiast and programmer). Email me if interested.

..Mike

------------------
Newbie snacks in xcel's HTPC FAQ & Favorites ¤ Buyer's Guide: HTPC for Newbies ¤ Ron Jones ¤ DC ¤ Radeon ¤ Keohi HDTV ¤ Don O'Brien D-ILA and the oft-mentioned archives .s>

Join AVSforum team to help Scotty (son of AVS moderator)s>  fight leukemiac>f>.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer Mike ~ I feel comfortable installing the software update if the instructions are complete. Some of the earlier posts caused me some concern. I'll give it a go. Of course, you are welcome to check out the Marquee when it arrives. Thanks again, Tom

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi Tom (and Cliff)

Looks like my email is down for the weekend, but you can reach me at 703-846-0550 if you need anything (may need to leave a message on the machine.)

I brought the new AccessDTV files home from work yesterday, and can copy them onto a CD-ROM if you want. I'll be installing them myself later this morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.