AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I looked again at the Koolance web site, and I am only moderately impressed: the liquid cooling system is neat, but it still requires fans to cool the liquid. Understandable, but not exactly what I was hoping for!

Anybody aware of further exciting, innovative (even if expensive) approaches to the noise problem?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmmm... the CALM system does not convince me. Never mind the imprecise language on the web site, I can hardly believe that a passive system can efficiently dissipate the 40 odds Watts of a Pentium 4.

The article mentioned collects, as lennymr rightly notes, relatively old or trivial knowledge, and ends up pointing to Koolance as the ultimate solution.

I like the Koolance idea, but (i) the case is a study in ugliness, (ii) it has three fans on the top of the case, which I am sure are not silent, (iii) the dB/sone values advertised on the Koolance site are not that impressive, and (iv) I would think that fluid might lend itself ideally to passive cooling, like fine radiator fins.

Any new ideas? BTW, if somebody feels that he/she can build me such a system (

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.