AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Checked the coperbox website and they do not have any switches suitable for outdoor use except by buying another RCA dish kit and getting another switch. Already got 2 of them.

Thanks however for pointing out an interesting site for electronics.

BT

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I know this may sound silly but why not just mount the switch indoors? This way it will not be affected by any weather. If you only ran two cables from the switch to your receivers, just run two more and attach them accordingly.

Lee

·
Registered
186 Posts
I am on my second Direct TV oval dish HDTV switch now. The first one quit when it got cold. This one has now quit when it has gotten hot. I ran around in circles trying to figure out what was wrong. The picture freezes and the sound keeps going then the picture come back. If it stays off long enough, I lose the whole thing. It never happens at night but only when the hot direct sun hits it in the am. I got a new card from Direct tv and a new box from Mits but it still did the same thing. Finally after some further testing I narrowed it down to the switch itself(it does it on all transponders). Now after all that , the question is where can I buy the BEST switch for outdoor mounting available?? I don't see the need to buy another whole dish again and get another average switch. Thanks in advance.

Bill Taylor

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Lee is right that's is the recommended method of installation.

------------------

I love the smell of ozone in the morning…

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have done it both ways. Mounting it at the dish requires lots less coax. Here is URL for fully weatherproof switch.
http://www.hometech.com/video/dssmulti.html#6904IFD

I have mine mounted 160 feet away and works fine. Just make sure you ground it properly. Static electricity during electrical storms can damage the switch. Even if it is inside the house.

Pat

------------------

HDjunky

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.