AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a message over on the DBSTALK.COM forum that the 6000 receiver can now switch channels quicker. Is this true?

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Certainly, the program guide is a bit snappier and "info" comes up instantly. But I still occasionally see "Info Not Available" when browsing the guide.

It might be faster to change channels, but that's kind of wiped out by having to navigate through the guide to get back to your original channel once it switches to one of the promo channels due the widely reported glitch.

Overall, a good update...

Dennis

------------------

Dennis Whiteman

FastPipe Media, Inc.

[This message has been edited by ultimate (edited 07-24-2001).]

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I haven't noticed a speed increase in channel changing, but the EPG is now instant as is the Info on any channel for the entire current time block.

A new bug:

I narrowed down the problem tonight, here it is:

Manually input a channel that is NOT in your current favorites list. I used 103. Now hit the * button to change modes and you will be whisked away via the Magical Dish Transporter to Ch 989! Lucky for me, Laurie was on when it happened.

Here's another way to make it happen: Stay on the channel you chose that is NOT in your favorites list, hit the GUIDE button, change to your favorites list and press escape. Same thing happens and Laurie shows up on my screen.

I called and asked to be forwarded to an Advanced Tech to report a bug and they let me right through.

Please call and report this bug, the CSR I talked to had not heard of it before.

------------------

"I want my HDTV Set!"

·
Registered
15 Posts
I thought I heard (on a recent Tech Chat) the program guide on the 6000 would buffer/cache 48 hours of info (reducing the "waiting for satellite" popups).

My 6000, with version 7.51, does not buffer much of anything (1-4 hours).

Can anyone confirm I am correct/mistaken about the 48 hour program guide info?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Is this a new software version within the last couple days?

If not, it still only holds a few hours. I also have a 501 with a hard drive and it downloads a few days at a time, but it goes on the drive and takes a few minutes.

------------------

-Glenn

·
Registered
151 Posts
It still only retains a few hours, but I have noticed that it downloads the guide MUCH faster when changing time periods.

Brian

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.