AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Do you guys any tips and tricks that I should be aware of?

I have a mitsu 65907 just crying out for some HD.

What is the best way to hook up my uhf antenna to the ota module?

Thanks in advance,

Ray

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One more thing...

How do I hook up the audio portion of the dish 6000?

I would like to hook it up to my denon 3801. Is an optical cable the only way to go?

·
Registered
730 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MichaelH:
Lastly, use high quality RG-6U coax, (preferably with quad shielding) and don't forget to ground!
This is a stupid question, but exactly how do you ground an antenna? I will be installing a 6023 and a yagi for terrestrial HDTV soon. I'll be running RG6 that doesn't have a seperate ground wire.

Do I need another wire for ground? Or do I just ground the shield wire?

The ground stake for my phones/electrical box are on the other side of the house, do I just pound a metal stake in the ground and ground to that?

There is some galvanized steel piping near where I want to ground . . . but it is for the natural gas line. I assume that grounding the antenna for lightning strikes to the gas line is *not* a good idea. ;-)

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
"Don't use diplexers in running coax from the sats and OTA. They all stink and seperate cable runs aren't expensive if you are installing yourself."

I ran diplexers down from my setup and haven't had a problem with them. I bought the Rat Shack flavor that cost $25 each but was able to find them on sale at half price online back in January. They work great!

·
Registered
830 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by raze:
One more thing...

How do I hook up the audio portion of the dish 6000?

I would like to hook it up to my denon 3801. Is an optical cable the only way to go?
Absolutely. Not only will you get Dolby Digital (when broadcast), but even for mono and stereo the D/A converters in your Denon are better than those in the STB.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You can use another ground rod, but you must connect the new rod to the main ground rod using a 6g green wire to meet code.

Glenn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.