AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was pointed in the direction of McMaster-Carr (No vehicles in their website name ;)) who seem to sell anything a DIY'er could ever want...

Anyway, they have several different kinds of fabric available, but the one that caught my eye specifically was the "Reflective Aluminized Polyester Fabric"

It's fairly inexpensive, 60" width, available in one, five or ten foot lengths. Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Wulgaru,

Stock numbers (different thickness) are 87605K57 & 87605K58.

You will find them on catalog page 3217.

BTW, pass on to whomever is responsible. This is one pretty slick site. Very fast and easy to navigate. A search function that really works. And that movable side bar is primo! ;)

:)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoops - I meant to put the catalog page on there too...Thanks for posting that joebwan.

It really is a pretty cool site they've got there. lots and lots and lots of stuff :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by joebwan
BTW, pass on to whomever is responsible. This is one pretty slick site. Very fast and easy to navigate. A search function that really works. And that movable side bar is primo! ;)
Thanks. At least in part, that would be me. I'm the Microsoft Web Development Tech Lead. We've got a lot of good people working here, though.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'll take a look at the fabric. If it looks promising, I'll get a decent sized sample and take some pictures of it in my setup.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Sorry, I lost track of this thread. I went out in the warehouse and took a look at this fabric. It is very silver, so I'm thinking it wouldn't make a great screen. Perhaps the vinyl side would work better? We have a lot of product in our warehouse, and stuff tends to get dirty out there. We are an industrial supply company, after all.:) I think you might be hard-pressed to get a large piece of the fabric from us that would be perfectly clean. I'm interested to know what PlasmicMike has to say.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Haha - great timing :)

Well, I had to order some 50mm M4 screws anyhow so it is not a total loss.

It's scheduled to ship on the 21st - can you just go cut my peice Wul? ;)

-Mike

·
Registered
166 Posts
I looked at the picture in the McMaster website and seems to be those silvery lining. Probably you made a mistake with this purchase.

Good luck!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by PlasmicMike
Haha - great timing :)

Well, I had to order some 50mm M4 screws anyhow so it is not a total loss.

It's scheduled to ship on the 21st - can you just go cut my peice Wul? ;)

-Mike
At least it's not expensive. Plus, we are usually very liberal when it comes to returns.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.