AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yamaha will be presenting the new DPX-1300 DLP projector at IFA in Germany.

It will have the latest 1280*720 HD2+ DC3 chip from TI and the Realta HQV video processor from Silicon Optix.

Apparently it will have both DVI and HDMI digital inputs. MSRP in Europe will be 12.000 EUR.

Link: http://www.areadvd.de/news/2005/2005...20050002.shtml

·
Registered
807 Posts
Hey Pedro: Thanks for the info. The 1300 might be really nice. Hope they have it at Cedia but if not please let us know how you like it if you go to IFA.

Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
You can buy the new Sim three chipper on the street for this. Agree, WAAY too expensive for a single chipper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Do we know for sure that they will use a HD2+ DC3 DMD? Maybe it will use a chip (~1 inch in size, hint, hint) that is not ready to be announced yet?

In 2006, 12K Euros for a 720p doesn't make any sense, Yamaha must know that.

Otherwise that SXRD-Sony will rule this category...

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
Yup, the 720P wave has been ridden for so long its going to be hard for any manufacture to get 13k or higher out of any 1 chip DLP.

Yamaha dealers will move a few to those who do not frequent the Internet and trust the advice of their retailer. If thats all that is hanging on display and no doubt the machine will look good it will sell. I just cant see it doing any numbers.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gouger
Yamaha dealers will move a few to those who do not frequent the Internet and trust the advice of their retailer. If thats all that is hanging on display and no doubt the machine will look good it will sell. I just cant see it doing any numbers.
Yamaha has always seemed to be fairly low volume, but I think this could be an even tougher sell after CEDIA at this price. That probably depends largely on whether we see 1080p projectors at good prices though. Somebody mentioned an $8k MSRP for 1080p LCD and if that had a dynamic iris and was actually available soon it would sure seem to put somewhat of a damper on a $12k 720p single chip DLP. I sure hope we come out of CEDIA feeling like $12k for a 720p single chipper is not close to in line with the price/performance in the market, even with a great internal scaler.

--Darin

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
I have read about a msrp for Benq 8720 at 7000 euro. This as a comparison with the Yamaha. The contrast spec for Benq is 6200:1.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Whitehead
How much is 12,000 Euros in real money (joke)?

·
Premium Member
24,995 Posts
"That probably depends largely on whether we see 1080p projectors at good prices though. "

It seems to me that the new SIM 3-chip would have the same effect.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
That's a lot of dough considering what we are likely going to see is less expensive projectors, and price drops at Cedia. Sim2 already dropped retail on their HT300E and HT300E Link, and Marantz is rumored (don't ask where I heard this) to have a sub $10k list unit. Heck you can buy some of the other DC3 units along with a Realta chip based outboard scaler, have a 2 box setup with more power, and be less money. It might prove to be a tough sale.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.