AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently using HDMI for my video, however my Denon AVR-3805 doesn't use HDMI so I use optical and analogue for multi-channel. Is there anyway for me to access the new higher rez audio formats available with the new HD DVD or BD?

Thanks.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbelon /forum/post/0

I am currently using HDMI for my video, however my Denon AVR-3805 doesn't use HDMI so I use optical and analogue for multi-channel. Is there anyway for me to access the new higher rez audio formats available with the new HD DVD or BD?

Thanks.

Dennis

Only if your player has 5.1 analog outs and your receiver has 5.1 analog ins.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven /forum/post/0

Only if your player has 5.1 analog outs and your receiver has 5.1 analog ins.

Yes, it does. I currently use the 5.1 analog inputs for SACD and DVD-A discs. Will the new HD DVD players such as the Toshiba A2 allow me to use the analog outs for Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master audio? Unfortunately I would have to disconnect my Denon 2910 universal player.

Dennis

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzalr /forum/post/0

HD-A2 and HD-A20 does not have a 5.1 analog output, ONLY HD-A1, HD-XA1 and HD-XA2 have.

Thanks. The HD-XA2 looks nice but it doesn't support SACD or DVD Audio.

Dennis

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:

Yes, it does. I currently use the 5.1 analog inputs for SACD and DVD-A discs. Will the new HD DVD players such as the Toshiba A2 allow me to use the analog outs for Dolby TrueHD and DTS Master audio? Unfortunately I would have to disconnect my Denon 2910 universal player.

Dennis

Actually I just had this problem and found a very cheap solution. I have the Toshiba XA2 and the Oppo 970HD hooked up to the same system via the 5.1 analogs. I purchased a Penguin HD selector for $20 so I can switch back and forth from one unit to the other using the analog outputs. However as previously posted the A2 does not have analog outs. The A1 does though.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidmaven /forum/post/0

Actually I just had this problem and found a very cheap solution. I have the Toshiba XA2 and the Oppo 970HD hooked up to the same system via the 5.1 analogs. I purchased a Penguin HD selector for $20 so I can switch back and forth from one unit to the other using the analog outputs. However as previously posted the A2 does not have analog outs. The A1 does though.

Cool. Thanks for the tip.

D

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Quote:

Cool. Thanks for the tip.

D

Correction it's a Pelican HD selector not Penguin (I was typing faster than I was thinking.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.