AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 160 gig Maxtor died in my 4040. I sent it in for a new one (under warranty). I do not have a backup of the original image.

I low level formatted the Maxtor drive and turned off Write Verification. The drive passes the full diagnostic test.

I used RTVPatch_2.4.exe and patched the target drive. I answered all questions to yes except for large clusters.

Isn't there something else I need to do. All the instructions seem to be for upgrading a drive or going to two drives. Do I need an image to restore to this drive? If so, where can I get an image?

When I try to boot the Replay with this image the Please wait screen appears and blinks every 10 seconds or so.

I seem to remember doing something more when I first upgraded from the orginal 40gb drive to the 160gb.

Please help!!!

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
What did you use for a source for the patching? You said you didn't have a backup, but you didn't mention where you got a system partition image from.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats just it. All I did was patch the target drive. I have no source and did not copy any system partition.

Does Mikeyboy still have a site where I can get what I need? What is the exact procedure for a replacement drive when you don't have a working drive to use as a source?

I have done this before but it has been over a year and I can't remember exactly what I did.

I have another Replay 4040 but I don't want to crack it open until it is out of warranty so I have no source disk to use.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jeff. I should be able to mess with it this evening or this weekend at the latest.

p.s: This is the second time this unit has locked up and had to be rebuilt. Maybe the Maxtor drive was bad from the beginning.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Followed Mikeyboys's detailed instructions for putting in a new drive and used his 4.3 image and I am back in business.

Thanks for the help Jeff.

Thanks Mikeyboy.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
COOLLLLL!!!! Thanks to Ghoul for providing the dsk image FTP.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the image on my computer after a massive search. I couldn't get the image to completely download from the FTP.

Thanks to Ghoul for posting it though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.